Fat bellied 1 yr leghorn with xrays

Update: Gave her her injection of Baytril. The doctor did not even provide a diagnosis.

This morning she was very gabby and moving around a lot more. So, I tried to reintroduce her. Sometimes, chickens can be such jerks! Jersey and Dixie Chick were not having it. Chased her. She faught back a bit but eventually went right to a tree and faced it so I took her back to her own coop. I may bring the other leghorn in with her tonight. If they both act ok. Haven’t measured her yet, but I feel like she’s about a “lemon” away from normal.
We have one coop we use for brooding so it may just end up her special coop by the house. #nochickenbully

Attachments

• A9B7D31A-2E38-4D56-A2F0-D625AEFEB9DF.jpeg
    A9B7D31A-2E38-4D56-A2F0-D625AEFEB9DF.jpeg
    577.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 48969DBA-2547-4EE7-B073-860D7F7CAFEF.jpeg
    48969DBA-2547-4EE7-B073-860D7F7CAFEF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 8FBA4A69-0988-4C9C-B05B-7307C96180DD.jpeg
    8FBA4A69-0988-4C9C-B05B-7307C96180DD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Glad she is doing well. Could she stay in a wire dog crate with food and water, but with the other chickens as they go in or out of the coop? After a few days of that, they might not peck her too much when they are free to be together.

Glad she is doing well. Could she stay in a wire dog crate with food and water, but with the other chickens as they go in or out of the coop? After a few days of that, they might not peck her too much when they are free to be together.
Good idea! That’s how we introduce new birds so I’m sure it will work. Thanks!!

Update: Gave her her injection of Baytril. The doctor did not even provide a diagnosis.

This morning she was very gabby and moving around a lot more. So, I tried to reintroduce her. Sometimes, chickens can be such jerks! Jersey and Dixie Chick were not having it. Chased her. She faught back a bit but eventually went right to a tree and faced it so I took her back to her own coop. I may bring the other leghorn in with her tonight. If they both act ok. Haven’t measured her yet, but I feel like she’s about a “lemon” away from normal.
We have one coop we use for brooding so it may just end up her special coop by the house. #nochickenbully

I'm so glad reading her Recovering updates :ya
God bless her she's a fighter

She still stand like penguin ..
Is her abdomen back normal.?

In the photos you can see she starts off standing like a chicken but the longer she stands the more upright like a peguin she becomes. Her belly is still not normal, but it is shrinking. Thank you for caring. Each day sees improvements

2 week update. She’s still has a fat belly but I think it is becoming more liquidy..(not a word, but you get it). Eating like a pig and pooping normal white/black semi formed with some mucas. I went ahead and gave her another calcium citrate with D3. I just broke the tablet and give it to her. Finished the baytril yesterday. Still standing like a penguin but you can see her belly is down. I think she is gonna pull through and may never be normal again but we will keep a close eye on her. We are moving 10 2 month old silkies out to their own coop & run so may put her in with them. They will stay in there for 2 week where the older chicks can see them but not get to them. Then integrate them all at once. Hopefully they accept her back in.

Attachments

• 4AFEFB78-25F3-4BED-AE29-E056F3710D83.jpeg
    4AFEFB78-25F3-4BED-AE29-E056F3710D83.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 8
  • F2E3126C-B792-4715-B946-0EEF2816CF67.jpeg
    F2E3126C-B792-4715-B946-0EEF2816CF67.jpeg
    680 KB · Views: 9
2 week update. She’s still has a fat belly but I think it is becoming more liquidy..(not a word, but you get it). Eating like a pig and pooping normal white/black semi formed with some mucas. I went ahead and gave her another calcium citrate with D3. I just broke the tablet and give it to her. Finished the baytril yesterday. Still standing like a penguin but you can see her belly is down. I think she is gonna pull through and may never be normal again but we will keep a close eye on her. We are moving 10 2 month old silkies out to their own coop & run so may put her in with them. They will stay in there for 2 week where the older chicks can see them but not get to them. Then integrate them all at once. Hopefully they accept her back in.

I feel.for her I really want her live

Back
Top Bottom