Fat Cat Success!

Be careful of him losing weight too fast... they very easily get "fatty liver" disease...
I had a cat that had that once.. it wasnt good..
sad.png

Now if i have a cat that stops eating.. i get real worried..
I know that your guy is still eating.,.,but just watch him closely..
Look for any yellowing of his skin... eyes, nose (if he has a light color nose).. etc..

Yay for Bubba-chunk! My Bella is a hefty 13 pounds, but she really doesn't look that big. She can also be pretty active....when she wants to be. We are still working on the last bit of dry TOTW, the transition to canned just keeps getting postponed.

Quote:
I'm watching, I wish I had a scale! It's something like they can't lose more than a half a pound in 8 weeks or so without becoming at risk for that? You can't crash diet a cat.

He was on Iams at the pound, so he has some of that still getting mixed in with the new food. Don't want to switch him too fast either.

When he stands up under you, you can see a light change in his perimeter. But not dramatic.. almost like a trick of the eye. His pooch has gotten softer.. feels like more skin than fat. It dangles off his belly different.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a fat cat.
lol.png

Quote:
I'm watching, I wish I had a scale! It's something like they can't lose more than a half a pound in 8 weeks or so without becoming at risk for that? You can't crash diet a cat.

He was on Iams at the pound, so he has some of that still getting mixed in with the new food. Don't want to switch him too fast either.

When he stands up under you, you can see a light change in his perimeter. But not dramatic.. almost like a trick of the eye. His pooch has gotten softer.. feels like more skin than fat. It dangles off his belly different.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a fat cat.
lol.png

3 to 5% body weight loss will keep them from getting hepatic lipidosis. I would recommend switching from a weight management formula to a high quality wet food and feed smaller quantities. I weigh and chart my cats' weights daily and also weigh their food. I am a feline nutrition nut
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom