Father in Law refusing eggs.

Mezzer

Songster
Jan 14, 2016
So I told my Father in Law that I have enough eggs from my girls now that he can take a couple (he loves eggs) and try them out, he said "I'm NOT going to eat your eggs." I ask why in heavens name not?? His answer "you have a rooster, I don't want to eat a baby chick, it's like arbortion." My feelings are a little hurt. :/

All this coming from a man who LOVES fried chicken. And not to mention the tri tip we enjoyed last night. He makes no sense.

Yes, my sister and neighbors can eat the eggs, more for them I guess. And the elderly couple behind me prefer the fertile ones, she thinks they are lower in cholesterol. Lol

All this coming from a man who LOVES fried chicken. And not to mention the tri tip we enjoyed last night. He makes no sense.
It's irrational, so no point trying to persuade him otherwise. Let him buy his eggs at the shop... (how does he know the egg producer isn't slipping in some fertile ones?
lol.png
)

Some people are so dumb.

I offered my neighbour some of my free range duck eggs and she would not eat them because they have been on the GROUND!!! and they did not have BEST BEFORE or 'sell by' dates on them.

She only liked ones that were in plastic boxes from the supermarket..... weird.

:gig I'd have been all over those duck eggs with dreams of custard, cake and pie!

My grandpa told me the same thing, OP. He wouldn't eat my eggs because they were fertilized and he felt it was wrong to eat an egg that could potentially be a chick on day (? I know, makes no sense to me either). He loves eggs (from the grocery store, of course) and chicken. And like another poster mentioned above, he has no problem eating things like tripe or beef tongue. I thought he was being irrational. I have to admit, I did something a little mean to him. We don't live particularly close, so he doesn't visit often. While visiting his house one day, I brought a dozen eggs over to him. I got "that look- the what did I say" look. I simply told him our rooster had been snatched by a neighbors dog and had been gone for a while, so I thought he might finally like to try my delicious free range eggs. He happily took them and put them in his fridge. The next time we saw each other, which was at my house, he RAVED about how those were the best eggs he'd ever tasted and how he'd been missing out all these years ("I could TASTE them, I didn't even know!"). And then, like it was right on cue, my rooster let a crow fly from the back yard. And then the light bulb went off. Luckily he didn't get mad and he wasn't disgusted. He admitted that he'd been foolish, and when he left that day he took two flats of eggs (60). Now he gets eggs as often as I have them available and buys locally from a farm thats close by when I don't have any to spare. Not the nicest way to go about it, but...he'd have done the same to me (which is why I eat things like squirrel, tripe, tongue, ect).

:oops:

Back
Top Bottom