Favaucana

givemewings310

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
Modesto, Ca
does anyone have a chicken of this breed? I found it on mypetchicken.com and it says its a great layer with a great temperment... but says the eggs are medium.. I was just wondering if anyone had one...

http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/Favaucana-B152.aspx

I'm looking to get some more hens to add to my light sussex and silkie rooster... I want a excellent layer who is known to be friendly and sweet...

The name sounds like a cross between a Favorelle and an Auracana.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
Says right in their ad for them:

Favaucana
Favaucanas are My Pet Chicken's exclusive new designer breed, a cross between Faverolles and Ameraucanas. They're the Goldendoodles of the chicken world: They have the sweet disposition and beautiful salmon plumage of the Faverolles, along with the lovely colored eggs and extra cold hardiness of the Ameraucanas. These beauties get the best of both worlds! Purebred Faverolles can often get bullied by other breeds in a mixed flock, but by contrast, Favaucanas fare much better in the pecking order, seemingly getting boost of self-confidence from their Ameraucana heritage. They have the excellent laying abilities from their Faverolles halves, too, and their sagey green eggs are just gorgeous! They're wonderful foragers. Plus, Favaucanas mature earlier and inherit the good winter laying capabilities of their Faverolles half. What's not to love?​

Sound interesting.

Last edited:
I think they would be cute, one year I made Spitzarolles they were crazy looking. pictures are on my other computer, which crashes every I open the picture gallery. Those little Favaucana's would be so sweet.

Favaucana
Here are a few Favorelle and Auracana cross

Thank you so much for the replies! I knew what the combination of breeds they are, I was just wondering if anyone here actually HAD one/some and if they did have one/some if they really were good layers and if the size of the eggs actually were only a medium size.

what are the pros and cons of large eggs vs medium eggs? are there any?

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the replies! I knew what the combination of breeds they are, I was just wondering if anyone here actually HAD one/some and if they did have one/some if they really were good layers and if the size of the eggs actually were only a medium size.

what are the pros and cons of large eggs vs medium eggs? are there any?

Thanks again!
I totally want some of those off MPC! Hope they are available soon.

Back
Top Bottom