Faverolle eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kla37, Sep 23, 2010.

1. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Does anyone hatch faverolles? I've heard that the chicks are kind of delicate, but I would love to have some one day!

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:I hatched one in my first hatch and one in my second. They are both doing great. I didn't notice them being any more fragile than any of my other chicks.

If anything, Polish and Silkies would be more delicate because of their vaulted skulls.

3. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I've had trouble hatching them got 1 out if around 20 but they were shipped eggs so could have been the cause. The chick however is one of the robust chicks I've had and so laid back and friendly. In fact she is all the families favourite chick which say's something as we have around 30 at the moment she's always out having a cuddle even with my two year old definitely recommend getting some and the chicks are sooooo cute [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    My hens just hatched out 3 chicks lastnight. Expecting more... they're pretty small, but doing ok so far.

5. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    They seem to hatch very good for me. I not had any problems raising them either. The do seem the same as any other chick. I hatched three today and I get about 20-30 a week.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have some Salmon Whatchamadiggie eggs I'll be setting tonight in an incubator, which I won in an eBay auction. I'll be reporting on them (and some others, too, set yesterday!) as time goes on. (Gonna need an October Hatch-a-Long thread sooon.)

.sorry.. I just can't figure out the correct spelling for that breed..... seen it too many different ways.

7. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    Quote:LOL I thought for a minute there was a new type of Salmon Faverolles. I have had such pretty crosses on the Salmon Faverolles. My favorite cross I actually breed for. They are from a huge Lemon Blue Cochin Rooster X Salmon Faverolles hens. They are so cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by