Faverolle roo?? thanks for any help!

favorelle roos have black feathering, the pullets are light salmon, so in color alone its a pullet if it is a fav.
we need more pics lets side view etc

I have heard of white Favorelles, however I have never seen one! I do have a hen that is very light cream, much lighter than my other Sfs. If a fav chick has black on the wings it does not necessarily mean it is a roo. My Hens all have black on the wings and a little on the tail. You can tell for sure when they are three to four weeks old.

Quote:
yes, he had 5 toes and feathered feet(you can see the beginning of the feathered feet in the 2nd pic)....let me check my pics again!! (to make sure i didnt mix one up!)..last night we took pics of 3 white birds with muffs! lol....2 ameracaunas and the Fav...i was going to post them pics sometime today also to find out if i had a roo Ameracauna also...so...let me explain this from the start...
gig.gif
okay...my friend on here UrbanMama gave me 3 white Ameracaunas she hatched from pips and peeps eggs......and then i hatched Goldens and Favs from pasafinofarms....i had 3 favs hatch...2 had the black on the wings very early and i gave them to Favorelle (another memeber on here) and i kept the 1 light Fav..hoping it was a pullet...let me just post ALL the pics i took last night! and then while were at it, you can maybe tell me if my Ameracaunas are roos or pullets...
lol.png
BRB! going to upload them now!

Last edited:
okay..heres Ameracauna pics...you cansee the big differance in the combs..looks nothing like the Fav comb...one is a redder color..i believe its going to be a roo....and you can see the differant lighter flesh color comb of the one i believe to be a pullet...but..neither comb looks like the Fav comb...

one i believe to be the roo...

2009_04100160.jpg

2009_04100162.jpg

and the one i think is the pullet..

2009_04100163.jpg

2009_04100165.jpg

Last edited:
Pasofino does have some whites coming up in her stock this year!

-Cindy in MA

Are you close to MA?? I'd LOVE some!!

Quote:
ooh sorry, i dont have any Favs left...lol...i gave this last guy away today because i think he was a roo..and i just cant have any more roos here..;o( sorry!

Quote:
Dang. Just my luck.
smile.png

Melissa added some new blood to her stock last year, and that had some unexpected results. There are now some whites as well as some mahogany colored pullets cropping up.

-Cindy

Mellisa at pasofino has some white faverolles and also some very light almost pink tinted ones as well. It's hard for me to get an idea of the body shape from the pic nor have I seen pics of Mellisa's lighter colored favs at a young age but it very well could have been one. It kind of has a fav type head and looks like the muff and beard starting. What color were the eyes?

Quote:
Dang. Just my luck.
smile.png

Melissa added some new blood to her stock last year, and that had some unexpected results. There are now some whites as well as some mahogany colored pullets cropping up.

-Cindy

ooh thats cool! yeah, he was a pretty guy! too bad he wasnt a pullet!
he.gif
mahogany would be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom