Faverolles Bred back to Dorking project

OK, curiosity begs more info. How's it going? How's your friend's white project?

There are about 15 F2s growing out, most arte too small yet to bother with photos (I only have a very poor camera on my cell phone), but they definitely grow faster/bigger than the pure Faverolles, and the feet have been incredible. I should have a report up the end of August with photos weights and comparison photos

Progress!

Both birds show faster growth then my pure favs.

Progress!

Both birds show faster growth then my pure favs.

Are they siblings? If not, could you pair them and then cull for chick down to try to pull some salmons out of them? If not, could you cross them back to your Favs and then breed those together, trying to get the Dorking influence on either side of the mating?

Are they siblings?  If not, could you pair them and then cull for chick down to try to pull some salmons out of them?  If not, could you cross them back to your Favs and then breed those together, trying to get the Dorking influence on either side of the mating?

They have the same sire. I am going to cross the pair to see what the silver color does... but they probably will mainly be used to breed back to my best favs.

I got many pullets like this gold one out of the 3rd generation Sussex x black Faverolles. The males to the left and back are also from that cross.

900x900px-LL-8bd13128_13729_113011_10.jpeg

I had a few like that but they did not grow out as big as I was looking for so I had to cull them
Mine were all very large, the males especially, and grew more quickly than my salmons. Took after the Sussex side on that count I guess.

Awesome! I am planning on raising some faverolles for my kids to show. Good Luck and stay in touch.

Back
Top Bottom