1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

faverolles from ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Mifflin, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Mifflin

Mifflin Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2014
    Just got my salmon faverolles from ideal, all alive. (well one died today) Has anyone here ever get faverolles from ideal before and are happy with them? (looks, health, egg production, meat quality on the males etc) Thanks in advance.

P.S.
    I got 4 "males for warmth". Breed unknown They are a charcoal color with a little yellow on the head,wings and belly. Also they have heavy feathering on the legs and feet. Any thoughts on this as well would be appreciated. I would post some pics but am unable to right now. Thanks

2. 1876 Farm

1876 Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mifflin,

Make sure you follow IDEALs suggestion for adding sugar to their water:
    ~.Fill the water fountains with fresh clean water. To help boost the energy of the babies, add ½ cup of sugar to each gallon of initial water.

Before we knew to do this, we lost quite a few chicks our 2nd year of chicken owning.

Good luck!

3. Mifflin

Mifflin Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2014
    thank you 1876.

4. 1876 Farm

1876 Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Miffin,

Did you ever figure out what breed the extra chick is?

If not, check out the link in my signature... I pulled all the chick pictures from the Murray McMurray website. :)

5. KuroKitsune

KuroKitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Kansas
    were you on e the waitlist for favrolles from ideal? i tried to order some on the 13th and the lady said their were none availble.

your packing peanuts(extra males) sound like barred rock or male black sex links

6. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Don't be surprised if the pullets have a lot of black. The last ones I saw were rather smutty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by