• Yes! They are amazing!

Votes: 74 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I really want some!

Votes: 32 27.1%

• Total voters
Pics
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask more experienced Fav keepers: are your Favs broody often? My only one just began laying her eggs maybe 2 months ago, and she went broody yesterday already!!! I do not have a rooster so broody is not a good thing for me.

Luckily, I think I "broke" her by locking her out of the coop after everyone was done laying eggs for the day, but I just was wondering if I can expect this to happen often with this breed. She is from Meyer Hatchery btw.

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask more experienced Fav keepers: are your Favs broody often? My only one just began laying her eggs maybe 2 months ago, and she went broody yesterday already!!! I do not have a rooster so broody is not a good thing for me.

Luckily, I think I "broke" her by locking her out of the coop after everyone was done laying eggs for the day, but I just was wondering if I can expect this to happen often with this breed. She is from Meyer Hatchery btw.
My Faverolles from Meyer hatchery hasn’t gone broody yet at a year old and hasn’t showed any interest either. I’ve had quite a few breeds go broody this season but not her so far.

My Faverolles from Meyer hatchery hasn’t gone broody yet at a year old and hasn’t showed any interest either. I’ve had quite a few breeds go broody this season but not her so far.
My Faverolles has been broody twice. First time I was able to break her by putting her on the roost at night for two days. Second time I couldn’t, so I let her sit, and she abandoned eggs at 2 weeks. I gave them to another broody at that point, but none hatched. She stayed off a bit too long every day I think and they were just chilled. Wont let her try again. My FBCM has been great so far, oddly enough!

My Faverolles has been broody twice. First time I was able to break her by putting her on the roost at night for two days. Second time I couldn’t, so I let her sit, and she abandoned eggs at 2 weeks. I gave them to another broody at that point, but none hatched. She stayed off a bit too long every day I think and they were just chilled. Wont let her try again. My FBCM has been great so far, oddly enough!

Okay, so maybe the breed is an "occasional" broody. That's alright. She actually did break pretty easily. But she must have influenced my Jersey Giant because I found her trying to be broody yesterday 😂 What a mess. I think (?) I've broken both now, but I just hope this isn't too common of occurrence. I'm not opposed to one day buying some hatching eggs for a broody, but now is not that time because I just bought chicks and am nearly maxing out my coop space!

Back
Top Bottom