Do you have Salmon Faverolles?

• Yes! They are amazing!

Votes: 74 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I really want some!

Votes: 32 27.1%

• Total voters
Hello, can anyone tell me what kind of plant or animal this is that got into my garden bed? 😆

My sister said she thinks it's just a pile of leaves and I shouldn't worry about it. I agreed, but now the "pile of leaves" seems to be kicking dirt everywhere. Please advise!!!
signal-2023-03-16-09-38-41-227.jpg
signal-2023-03-16-09-38-26-849.jpg

Hello, can anyone tell me what kind of plant or animal this is that got into my garden bed? 😆

My sister said she thinks it's just a pile of leaves and I shouldn't worry about it. I agreed, but now the "pile of leaves" seems to be kicking dirt everywhere. Please advise!!!
View attachment 3433175View attachment 3433174

can anyone tell me what kind of plant or animal this is that got into my garden bed?

I believe it’s a fungus. Closely related to the ‘puffball’ fungus to poof spores everywhere! Not poisonous, but can multiply quite quickly.

Causes slight derangement. You’ll find yourself saying, “oh no darling, I have no idea where these extra puff ball fungus things came from. But aren’t they so cute!”

I believe it’s a fungus. Closely related to the ‘puffball’ fungus to poof spores everywhere! Not poisonous, but can multiply quite quickly.

Causes slight derangement. You’ll find yourself saying, “oh no darling, I have no idea where these extra puff ball fungus things came from. But aren’t they so cute!”
Wow thanks so much for doing the proper research to help me figure out what's in my garden! This certainly seems plausible, as I have definitely found myself something along those lines lately. And, more little puff balls keep appearing in my yard every spring and/or fall and they ARE cute. I think I'm infected!!!

What should my course of action be? My instinct tells me to just give up and allow all the poofs to invade my yard.

Wow thanks so much for doing the proper research to help me figure out what's in my garden! This certainly seems plausible, as I have definitely found myself something along those lines lately. And, more little puff balls keep appearing in my yard every spring and/or fall and they ARE cute. I think I'm infected!!!

What should my course of action be? My instinct tells me to just give up and allow all the poofs to invade my yard.
Unfortunately once they have started invading your yard, there is really no other corse of action to take! Might as well love and enjoy them! Let them multiply, I say.
I may have already been infected myself😁

Unfortunately once they have started invading your yard, there is really no other corse of action to take! Might as well love and enjoy them! Let them multiply, I say.
I may have already been infected myself😁
Poor us! We must live with this affliction! :hit

It will be hard, but I pray we will make it through!

Yes, unfortunately it’s only palliative care from here as there’s no known cure. It can be managed by complete puff ball immersion - which is a bit counter-intuitive!

At this stage, I agree with your intuition!!

I do love them ❤️ Some babies between 4-6mo. Building up my breeding base for next year. I shall be living vicariously through all your northern hemisphere hatches!

It has been difficult finding Faverolles in Australia. I think I have some promising birds. Not show winners, but I have to start somewhere!

There is a show in June that I might enter. I don’t expect to get further than ribbons for the breed as I haven’t seen anyone showing them!

Any breed specific tips on show prep, I’ll gladly listen. Housing them on soft bedding to protect leg feathers and pluck broken feathers 2 months prior is something I’ve been advised. 4306436C-E84B-4E2B-867E-864D515C5D9C.jpeg AE906213-E2BB-4320-AA70-50D96FF51E91.jpeg 4F24DC6A-0943-42DE-88FA-23368A233745.jpeg 9EC87CE9-F739-4D16-83AA-2A1DDC089C58.jpeg

If anyone would like to help a wee Faverolles pullet to win me some prizes, please feel free to vote daily until the 30th April 2023!

https://www.thegoodlifebackyard.com...ken-competition/#view=gallery&for=WBnko2VP4gQ

We’re currently hovering around 4th/5th place. I’d love to be able to help raise the breed’s profile 🧡

It’s an Australian competition, so if you’re down that way put an entry in!

Hi everyone! We’re planning on adding three pullets to our flock that’s down to two. Any experience with this? I read you should very slowly introduce them but faverolles are so gentle I just wondered if it could be a little faster…View attachment 3469090
Yay that's exciting!!!

And I think the safest thing would be to introduce like normal (very slow, see but no touch at first until they get used to each other) and if it's going super well you can maybe put them together sooner than you have with other breeds. It's always good to stay on the safe side but you could be right that Favs might transition a little quicker because of their gentle nature. You never know though!

Back
Top Bottom