Faverolles Thread

I saw the add on craigslist as well beaglalady. I emailed him today and let him know that he should change his pictures.

Mine are not aggressive. A bad apple may pop up from time to time hey are rare.

There were some project colors floating around at one point - mille fleur, solid lavender and lav salmon, and I had Ermines. I gave up on Ermines to concentrate on salmon. Most if not all of the lavender projects are gone, and I presume the millies are also gone.

Last edited:
How's the temperament with these birds? I've heard they can be aggressive?

Any color projects going on? Lavender or mille fleur or?
Where did you hear they were aggressive? They should be the opposite. They have a reputation for being very docile.

Project colors are Buff bantams and LF, solid blue/ black/ splash LF and Bantams, and blue salmon LF and Bantams. Newest project is lavendars I believe. Whites are recognized but very rare now in both LF and Bantams. Ermines and cuckoos once existed but are gone same with Mahogany as far as I know.

Recognized varieties are only white and salmon as far as I can remember. ABA may recognize one other color I think either blue salmon or black can't remember.

Where did you hear they were aggressive? They should be the opposite. They have a reputation for being very docile.
Agreed! I've always read that they were a docile breed and when I got my first Favs in late June, they grew to be the most TAME chicks... then chickens I've ever had. They were not hand raised or raised in a small batch. I had around 50-60 birds out here and the Favs weren't treated any different than the rest. The Faverolles boys are BY FAR the tamest birds I have now. They are under my feet all the time, jumping in my feed bags before I can scoop out the grain, following me from the flock at feeding time and demanding their own personal rations. They crack me up. They've absolutely sold me on the breed. The hens don't seem to be as "puppy dog" like, but are nice in their own right.

My hatchery (which I do not overly recommend if you have a choice) faverolles are docile to the point of being downright meek, and the other hens push them around quite a lot. There can always be a bad apple here and there, but overall as a breed they do seem to be quite docile.

Project colors are Buff bantams and LF, solid blue/ black/ splash LF and Bantams, and blue salmon LF and Bantams. Newest project is lavendars I believe. Whites are recognized but very rare now in both LF and Bantams. Ermines and cuckoos once existed but are gone same with Mahogany as far as I know.

Recognized varieties are only white and salmon as far as I can remember. ABA may recognize one other color I think either blue salmon or black can't remember.
In General they are on the mild side, often being the ones who are bullied in a mixed group One has to feel them once in awhile to check weight and condition…today my favorite weighed a lot but have to keep an eye on several others that she chases away from the food….. At the last show i was at i overheard the judges say they really enjoyed the Fav males since they were so easy to handle unlike many of the other breeds. (Chehalis, Wa., Wa. feather Fanciers)….I think LF Salmon & White are recognized. Don't know about bantam... Doesn't mention Blue Salmon. I have 2 boys and 4 girls that are Mahoganies from Sandhill hatchery, and a young pair from Patty Broner,(spelling?) Chickenonthehill. I think Dick may be playing with some and maybe Liesha Comer????with bantams????? I also have 5 black girls and a Roo that goes back to Dick. Salmon &Blue Salmon LF & Salmon in bantam. I bet there are quite a few who have the blue, black, splash in both sizes, only a few with Buff, and a few with white but usually recessive. I have had a white crop up with both the blacks and the Mahoganies. Heard Lavender mentioned here somewhere.

Last edited:
I saw the add on craigslist as well beaglalady. I emailed him today and let him know that he should change his pictures.
Thankyou Henry, Maybe if we all do it peacefully he will understand that it would be better for him to be honest if he wishes to be respected….

I just e-mailed him also

Last edited:
Maybe if we all chip in some money we could afford a dozen eggs. Would LOVE to get some birds from the UK!
I am working on my export license. Yes it is expensive, but the logistics are quite complex, and the timing of both exporter and importer has to be spot to enable the transaction.

Back
Top Bottom