Faverolles Thread

Last one has come! Phuuh, what a trip this was! S/he is very tired but looks ok. I put four eggs in incubator three weeks ago and now they are all here! Amazing!
Congrats!!

Hatching chicks can be exhausting. You'd think we sat the eggs (in a way we did)

wee.gif

Hi all, so I am new to chickens and having a blast! I ordered 6 pullets all of different breeds and received them 3 weeks ago today. Last week I posted a couple pictures of my salmon faverolle "Britches" because all the other babies are feathering much faster, I was not sure if that is a normal breed treat for Faverolles or if males feather slower then females. I was told to post in the faverolles thread for help. I am really thinking britches is a boy the chest feathers are coming in now and have a lot of black in them; the leg and under wing feathers are a dark grey color and there are black feathers with in the lower part of the wings.
Here are a few photos at different stages with most recent first.
3 weeks old

2 weeks old

here at 1 week old

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi all, so I am new to chickens and having a blast! I ordered 6 pullets all of different breeds and received them 3 weeks ago today. Last week I posted a couple pictures of my salmon faverolle "Britches" because all the other babies are feathering much faster, I was not sure if that is a normal breed treat for Faverolles or if males feather slower then females. I was told to post in the faverolles thread for help. I am really thinking britches is a boy the chest feathers are coming in now and have a lot of black in them; the leg and under wing feathers are a dark grey color and there are black feathers with in the lower part of the wings. Here are a few photos at different stages with most recent first. 3 weeks old 2 weeks old here at 1 week old Thanks for your help! :)
Beautiful chick! I see what looks like a lot of black coming in on the chest and stomach area. That usually indicates a male for SF chicks. I have often heard that if you're going to have a rooster, the SF is the gentlest and best breed of rooster to have. Personally, my SF is the gentlest and prettiest roo I have, but I'm bias towards the breed!

Hi all, so I am new to chickens and having a blast! I ordered 6 pullets all of different breeds and received them 3 weeks ago today. Last week I posted a couple pictures of my salmon faverolle "Britches" because all the other babies are feathering much faster, I was not sure if that is a normal breed treat for Faverolles or if males feather slower then females. I was told to post in the faverolles thread for help. I am really thinking britches is a boy the chest feathers are coming in now and have a lot of black in them; the leg and under wing feathers are a dark grey color and there are black feathers with in the lower part of the wings.
Here are a few photos at different stages with most recent first.
3 weeks old

I'd wait a little longer to make sure. While the black chest feathers and the slow feathering do point towards cockerel, those primaries look like a pullet. Usually they are messier on a male. Also some hatcheries have some badly colored pullets. Here are some examples

images

images

images

Back
Top Bottom