Faverolles Thread

Your temperatures are mild compared to here in Wisconsin, mine does fine as well as all my chickens, I have an east facing door that never closes, don't shut up your coop too tight as good ventilation is more important than trying to heat up your coop, moisture build up causes frostbite and respiratory problems.

Temps are 32 to 36. It can get as low as 18 or 20, but that's in Dec and Jan and rare. It's typically 28 on average in winter at night and early morning. I shut the door tonight to let the coop warm up with their body heat. I am not sure if leaving it open will make it too cold for them? I read they can handle cold weather.
You don't have to worry, that isn't cold. They will handle that easily.

Does anyone in Central New York have good quality Salmon Faverolles LF? I need them to be from a NPIP flock. Chicks in Spring or adults now is good.

Thanks.

I don't know of anyone with Faverolles in NY. I'm not sure I know any breeders who are NPIP either. Leisha Comer in Ohio maybe? Many of us have our birds state tested but don't go through the NPIP certification.

I will have LF Salmon Faverolles chicks for sale this Spring. I have been breeding Salmon Faverolles for five years now. My goal is to return them to the productive capabilities that made them a popular meat bird and Winter layer in their home country of France. My birds are true to the standard (SOP), breeder quality, not necessarily show quality.
I just recently had my flock certified by SPN-USA (Sustainable Poultry Network). I am in the process of getting my NPIP certification as well.
I will be hatching for my own breeding needs in February and early March, then be ready to sell chicks by late March or early April. This year's pullets are just coming into lay and are really looking good. I am located in Central Kansas, about 3 hours west of Kansas City.
Feel free to check out my web page at Smokybuttesranch.com. You can also learn more about what goes in to the certification at SPNUSA.com
I would love to hatch some chicks for you.
Matt Hemmer

I will have LF Salmon Faverolles chicks for sale this Spring. I have been breeding Salmon Faverolles for five years now. My goal is to return them to the productive capabilities that made them a popular meat bird and Winter layer in their home country of France. My birds are true to the standard (SOP), breeder quality, not necessarily show quality.
I just recently had my flock certified by SPN-USA (Sustainable Poultry Network). I am in the process of getting my NPIP certification as well.
I will be hatching for my own breeding needs in February and early March, then be ready to sell chicks by late March or early April. This year's pullets are just coming into lay and are really looking good. I am located in Central Kansas, about 3 hours west of Kansas City.
Feel free to check out my web page at Smokybuttesranch.com. You can also learn more about what goes in to the certification at SPNUSA.com
I would love to hatch some chicks for you.
Matt Hemmer
I will keep you in mind. Can you talk about you pricing?

Back
Top Bottom