Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Oh my Henry! I haven't a clue how to make a Buff... but, I would absolutely love to learn how.
smile.png
You wouldn't happen to have a "recipe" handy would you?
So, I posted a few days ago that none of the eggs from my Splash and Black hen made it to lockdown. I was a little disappointed. I was so hopeful that I might be able to replace my Black roo. Honestly though, there were so many unknowns with these eggs... it's probably better to start from scratch (no pun intended!). Since I'd just acquired the trio... I wasn't even sure the eggs were fertile and then what if they had been exposed to a different roo - eek! Also my hatching track record hasn't been so great. I'm not blaming my incubator (a pretty good one, Genesis 1588)... but, I think I may need Santa to bring me a Brinsea. The way I look at it is that an upgrade in that department sure couldn't hurt anything.
I do love keeping chickens and I can see myself really enjoying breeding and hatching more - but, goodness do I ever still have so much to learn!

I love sitting in my computer/incubator room and listen for peeps. It is the best sound in the world, besides my grandkids.
I only have 3 more days of work and then I am off work for 2 months. The birds are going to get tired of me messing with them all day long.

My family bought me a 1512 Sportsman for Christmas about 3 years ago and I love it. Ask Santa real nice and you might be surprised.

Quote:
Oh my Henry! I haven't a clue how to make a Buff... but, I would absolutely love to learn how.
smile.png
So, I posted a few days ago that none of the eggs from my Splash and Black hen made it to lockdown. I was a little disappointed. I was so hopeful that I might be able to replace my Black roo. Honestly though, there were so many unknowns with these eggs... it's probably better to start from scratch (no pun intended!). Since I'd just acquired the trio... I wasn't even sure the eggs were fertile and then what if they had been exposed to a different roo - eek! Also my hatching track record hasn't been so great. I'm not blaming my incubator (a pretty good one, Genesis 1588)... but, I think I may need Santa to bring me a Brinsea. The way I look at it is that an upgrade in that department sure couldn't hurt anything.
I do love keeping chickens and I can see myself really enjoying breeding and hatching more - but, goodness do I ever still have so much to learn!

I love sitting in my computer/incubator room and listen for peeps. It is the best sound in the world, besides my grandkids.
I only have 3 more days of work and then I am off work for 2 months. The birds are going to get tired of me messing with them all day long.

I love the peeping luckly my bators has a clear plastic top and I stare at them while they hatch. What is hatching for you now? On my days of from the farm and on weekends I think I bother the birds to much. Last night I went out and looked over the splashes again. That wide headed girl is going to produce some fantastic babies!

Henry

Quote:
I wish it would have been a better hatch. With the ones that hatched and the birds you have now should give you a good breeding season for next year.
Dick

Dick,
I am going to try and get pics of those white chicks I was telling you about today. The 3 silvers were all pullets but got 2 really nice cockerels too. Also going to take a couple pics of the buff chicks

Great!!!!! in a hurry to see them.
Dick

Quote:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504 I think this might be the best link I have been searching for a way to explain it best it can be pretty confusing.

Henry

I tried that now i am confused

Ha ha whoops sorry. Um click the uploads button on the blue bar at the top of the page. Then when the uploads page pops up check the box that says resize images and select the message boards 640x480 option. Then click choose file. The choose file should send you into your computers files where you click on the picture you want to upload. Once you do this you will go back to the uploads page. Then click submit. After the image is done loading it will pop up. Then repeat the first part until you have all of the pictures you want uploaded. To post your uploaded images click upload and then once you are on the upload page click the my uploads on the bottom right hand corner. Then copy the second code under the pictures in your uploads that say image. Copy the code under each picture you want to post and then post like its a regular post and the pictures should show up. Ha ha sorry I am not the best at giving directions.

Henry

Quote:
smile.png

I love my Brinsea I have a hovabator and a Brinsea.

Here are the LF Buffs we used to have! Dick also emailed this to me.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/4305_ed.jpg

I do have a recipe for buff bantams I assume its the same for LF Dick emailed this to me a while back.
Buff bantam:
buff orp bantam male x salmon hen
all you need to keep is one male from this cross and 9 out of 10 this male will be mostly white.
Take this male and breed him to a bunch of salmon hens.
All your going to keep are the light colored pullets discard the males.
Next cross would be salmon male on light colored pullets; hatch a lot
All you will keep is the light colored males and females with the best beard and best toes. ( here is where a few mahoganies should pop.)
Next you will breed brother to sister, you should just about be there with this matting.
You will go through a lot of culls. Some salmons will come out of this but don't keep them. You will screw up your salmon line.

Oh my! I'm saving this... I need to build more pens
smile.png

Quote:
smile.png
Oh, I would really LOVE that! My bday is 2 weeks before... so maybe I'll push it as a combo bday / holiday gift!

Back
Top Bottom