Faverolles Thread

I got a new Camera today as my graduation present and Leisha inspired me to take some new pictures.
Two of the three splash sisters
4305_dsc00148.jpg

4305_dsc00151.jpg

4305_dsc00128.jpg

4305_dsc00118.jpg

4305_dsc00111.jpg

Here is one just of the big headed very wide pullet I am excited about she is also in all the others to.
4305_dsc00108.jpg

Here is the big black rooster looking out for his girls
4305_dsc00104.jpg

I will take some new pictures soon there are 4 chicks hatched and its only day 20 so tomorrow hopefully lots more hatch.
Henry

Quote:
Nice birds Henry.
Dick

Thanks Dick I will take some tomorrow that show what this camera really can do it was getting dark when I took those

Quote:
Very nice Henry! I love the color. What breed is the rooster?

He is a black faverolles male but his beard and wattles need some work he has a beard but the hens have been plucking it and because of the size of his wattles it makes it look like he doesn't have much of a beard though he does. His beard was also wet from the rain. I will select a son from him with a larger beard this winter.

Quote:
Very nice Henry! I love the color. What breed is the rooster?

He is a black faverolles male but his beard and wattles need some work he has a beard but the hens have been plucking it and because of the size of his wattles it makes it look like he doesn't have much of a beard though he does. His beard was also wet from the rain. I will select a son from him with a larger beard this winter.

That's what I thought but the lack of beard threw me. The hens all pluck Emmet's beard too. It used to be really nice but now its pretty sad looking.

Here are my two Fav pullets that I hatched from Melissa's eggs. I like the first one best.

TweedleDee.jpg

TweedleDum.jpg

They are 20 weeks old so I'm hoping for some eggs in a week or two.

Quote:

That's what I thought but the lack of beard threw me. The hens all pluck Emmet's beard too. It used to be really nice but now its pretty sad looking.

Here are my two Fav pullets that I hatched from Melissa's eggs. I like the first one best.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/pbroner/Faverolles/TweedleDee.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/pbroner/Faverolles/TweedleDum.jpg

They are 20 weeks old so I'm hoping for some eggs in a week or two.

Very pretty looks like you should get some eggs soon. Are they salmony whites or are they splash salmons?

I took a few pictures today.

Here are the 2 unexpected yellow chicks I got in my first hatch from a Coronation Sussex roo and black fav hens.

13729_surprise.jpg

And of course the splash salmon pair.

13729_sammy.jpg

13729_cutie.jpg

Oh, and Henry the blue hen is still laying too.

Quote:
Whoot she is one unbelievable girl! She isn't a first year layer either I am assuming. I guess your not done hatching yet then
lol.png
Looks like I have 3 blues out and 1 black for a grand total of 8 BBS chicks so far. 1 splash 4 blues and 3 blacks! I have at least a few more pips and its day 20 so should have a good number. I think the heat may have effected this hatch though. Those yellow chicks are interesting looking. Those splash salmons crack me up. Do you bring them to Maine with you?

Quote:
I'm almost done hatching. I'm not sure I'll set any more eggs now. Most likely I'll wait until they start laying after their winter break. I have one batch due next Friday, and another in 17 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom