Faverolles Thread

Yes, I really want Bantams. I think with space considerations Bantams are best. How large are the large fowl?

Quote:
Melissa (pasofinofarm) has LF. So you're interested in bantam salmons?? Bantam favs are easier to find than LF. Not sure about bantam ameraucanas though.

Quote:
Melissa (pasofinofarm) has LF. So you're interested in bantam salmons?? Bantam favs are easier to find than LF. Not sure about bantam ameraucanas though.

For Ameraucanas...
The standard calls for 6.5 lbs for a cock. My lavender cockerel was 6.5 lbs at 6 months. Bantams are much smaller...30 oz for a cock.

For Faverolles...
LF cock 8 lbs, bantam cock 30 oz

Last edited:
dandydoodle, so are you saying that hubby is okay with purchasing the birds if you find them? If that's the case lot's of folks network and can help you. (But I can tell you nice birds will cost as well.) Good luck.

Quote:
Then there's the shipping. I had an 8 month old LF trio shipped last year - $150. Even 6 bantams will cost that much. I think express shipping is $67 plus 20 cents per pound plus $2.00 live fee plus box (anywhere from $10-25).

Edited to add this is for started birds. Older chicks would cost less but probably still be in the $50-60 range, not including the price of the birds.

So a $60 incubator isn't so bad after all.
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok - just set my first batch of eggs ever last night. 14 from a trio of bantam salmon favs. I'm a nervous wreck already and it hasn't even been 24 hrs. How do you guys do this?!

Back
Top Bottom