Faverolles Thread

Hi Everyone...just jumped on for a sec to try and catch up. Gorgeous birds and babies that make me
droolin.gif
every time I'm on here.

Dick, will you still be able to help me with some whites?
fl.gif

Cindy, I desperately need some blacks from you too.

Please let me know who can send what when time allows. Hope everyone is having a great week. Take care and enjoy the nice 60* temps...we are all loving it, especially the birds!

In Light,
Misty

I am interested in possibly purchasing some eggs from Melissa. The large fowl Faverolles does anyone know how big they get? I keep trying to look it up on the internet but, so far no luck.

Is standard the same as the large fowl? Is large fowl bigger then standard? Sorry I am a little confused. If the large fowl size biggest is 8 and half pounds that is not that big. It sounds quite doable. I really hope it is. I am ready to get some babies cooking in a bator. I am so ready for some fuzzy butts.
Thanks Jeanine,
Michelle
smile.png

Quote:
The standard calls for an 8 lb cock, and 6.5 lbs for hens.

Quote:
The standard calls for an 8 lb cock, and 6.5 lbs for hens.

"Large fowl" is a large size chicken. When I was referring to "The Standard" I mean the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection. It lays out what we should all be breeding our birds to achieve, or an "ideal" Faverolles (much of which is left open to interpretation). Many people use the term "standard" in reference to a "large fowl" bird, though if taken out of context, is incorrect. 8 lbs doesn't SOUND all that big, but Faverolles were originally a meat bird, and can be quite large. Many of us breed for bigger birds because of the origin of the breed. My bigger roo in my breeding pen is well over 8 lbs, though I haven't weighed him to know exactly how large he is. He's a BIG fella!

Last edited:
Quote:
There is someone with bantam hatching eggs in the auction area.

My roos tend to be on the larger side too. This is a working farm and while we love pretty chickens we eat the not so pretty ones.... so prefer something substantial with those dumplings
smile.png

I know Melissa. It breaks my heart too. I soooo wanted to buy eggs from you today. I have looked at the pics of your birds on your current auctions and they are so beautiful. I was tempted even though they are large fowl. I have to be realistic though and I just don't have enough room for them to be happy. I know they will make someone really happy.
wink.png
I will check the auctions. I think I saw the one you are talking about and it looks like someone else on here really wants them. This person has been really nice to me and I wouldn't want to out bid her on her chickies. I will check though.

Thanks,
MIchelle

Quote:

My roos tend to be on the larger side too. This is a working farm and while we love pretty chickens we eat the not so pretty ones.... so prefer something substantial with those dumplings
smile.png

Quote:

smile.png

Awww...Michelle, you're so sweet!
wink.png
You know, shelleyb1969 has bantam blue wheaten Ameraucanas too! PM her and see if you can combine an order of bantam Favs and bantam Ameraucanas!!! I just saw today in her sig line that she has them!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom