Faverolles Thread

Quote:
My bantam roos are very quiet, only crowing occasionally, or when the other bazillion roos I have won't shut up those boys will chime in. Leisha said that particular line is vocal, so he may not quiet down...
hmm.png
Hope he does!! Are roos legal where you live? If so, mr. neighbor has nothing to complain about...

Quote:
My bantam roos are very quiet, only crowing occasionally, or when the other bazillion roos I have won't shut up those boys will chime in. Leisha said that particular line is vocal, so he may not quiet down...
hmm.png
Hope he does!! Are roos legal where you live? If so, mr. neighbor has nothing to complain about...

Great !!!! Oh yeah i am in the country pretty much its just the neighbors are fairly close by. This neighbor and i dont have the best rapport to begin with - but all along the road people have cows - horses - etc. I just dont want to fuel his fire. I havent talked to this man in close to a year so for him to talk to me about it - he must not be happy!

Quote:
hmm.png

Great !!!! Oh yeah i am in the country pretty much its just the neighbors are fairly close by. This neighbor and i dont have the best rapport to begin with - but all along the road people have cows - horses - etc. I just dont want to fuel his fire. I havent talked to this man in close to a year so for him to talk to me about it - he must not be happy!

At least there's nothing he can actually "do" about it.

I currently have 27 crowing roosters. My neighbors are "city folk" who bought the lot next door, and proceeded to build a micro mansion RIGHT on the other side of the fence. So, I say they deserve their daily serenade! LOL

They complain to the neighbors on their other side, but just don't speak to me....win, win.
lol.png

I keep telling my DH that I'm going to build hog pens right along our side of the fence....I won't actually do it, but it's fun to think about.
gig.gif

well that is true - just trying to keep the peace! Wanted these guys for so long and to start this way! Perhaps i should have asked about this - but it never occurred to me to say HEY is he loud?!?!?! LOL

Quote:
Mine start crowing at 4:30 in the morning. Technically you live in the country that sounds like it allows livestock, so just ignore the neighbor. There is nothing he can do. Sounds like to me he is a scrooge

Oh he is a scrooge! The people that owned this property before raised and showed call ducks - so apparantly i think he thought hooray they are moving and then i came in with the chickens!

Quote:
We had a coon problem this summer. My husband sat outside with his shotgun at dark and killed the coon. Where I live, we have a bar that is on the property behind us. This guy thinks he owns the whole neighborhood. Well after my husband shot this guy called the Sheriffs department. Well a deputy came out and asked us what happened. We explained and the officer said, that a person does not have to please their neighbors. So, I wouldn't worry about him, just enjoy your babies.

Thank you so much! I do love them and all my chickens - I am also thinking tho - not close by really - my cochin rooster may be setting himoff a bit - perhaps he is crowing extra to say hey mister i am here!

Thought I'd share a couple of super cute chick pics I took today.

First one is 2 out of the 5 LF salmon chicks that my buff bantams hatched last week....

15879_broodychicks.jpg

And these 2 little sweetie pie LFs hatched yesterday under a Silkie hen...out from under mama today, but not out of the nestbox yet...

15879_broodychicks2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom