Faverolles Thread

They are gorgeous!
love.gif

Ok....now, that is the ultimate tease treatment for someone like me who is sitting on the bench
lol.png
(Because I havent located birds yet)

Very nice birds Jeanine........Is it Spring yet?
sad.png

Now I really cant wait to pick up some of your LFSF's.......ASAP.
wink.png

I have a faverolle hen question...

She was molting when I got her... I was told she was a year and a half... she came out of molt, started laying every other day or so, then a few days on a few days off, and this for a few weeks... then nothing again. She doesn't look ratty or nothing, like she's molting again, they have supplemental light... I was led to understand that favs were winter hardy and still laid well thru the winter otherwise I would have not gotten favs... Ok, maybe I would, cuz she is just the prettiest and cutest and loveliest hen ever.... SO, I guess I don't mind if she's becoming a total freeloader... BUT is it normal for fav to stop laying completely for weeks when not molting and not broody? She know's where the nest box is... she's had no problems using it... SO, what gives?

Quote:
have you checked her over for mites or lice? picked her up lately and feel how heavy or light she feels? if she has been feeling any stress lately from the bugs on her she could slow or stop laying. if she is eating like a little piggy and feels heavy she could have gained too much weight and will need to be given less feed. if she isn't eating and feels lighter than normal you might want to do a thorough check over of her body for any bugs-check under the wings and around her vent, also check her beard. or separate her from you flock just in case she has something catchy and watch her poop for anything that doesn't look right. it could also be a sign that she would need to be de-wormed if she is on the light side.

have you been giving her any calcium in her diet? either in the form of toasted and crushed eggshells, oyster shells, or yogurt?

No bug problems, no worm problems, she's about the same weight as when I got her, a little fluffier actually, and she's got access to oyster shell, and free ranges too... She's a happy happy girl. She's top hen too! I wonder if she's laying in the yard... found leaf pile she likes or something... But those things you suggested, I already looked at... and nada...

At my friends house yesterday I saw what looked like a FAvorelle but it was Bluish-Lavendar...Is there Favorelles in that color? Are they rare?

Back
Top Bottom