Faverolles Thread

Yep! Love the Fav stories too! Went out after dark the other night to check on the girls and had to go retreive Brooks from the fenced enclosure. She was out there all by herself...everyone else was inside. She still hasn't figured out how to go back thru the pop door to get back inside. Silly girl! And their new best bud is Dot, my little black OEGB.
Dot roosts in a windowsill at night and three chickens simply cannot fit in a windowsill. So Brooks n Dunn sit on the edge of a basket under the windowsill. I try to put them 'in' the basket but they merely shuffle aound and get back up on the edge of the basket. Oh well.
roll.png

Quote:
He's very pretty! So the blue doesn't come in LF? (I saw someone mentioned it didn't). What colors are LF colors?

Thanks.
smile.png
It does, it's just EXTREMELY rare in the US. The only recognized varieties in the US are salmon and white. In the UK they have salmon, white, buff, blue, black, cuckoo, and ermine in LF, maybe others I'm not aware of....
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
He's very pretty! So the blue doesn't come in LF? (I saw someone mentioned it didn't). What colors are LF colors?

Thanks.
smile.png
It does, it's just EXTREMELY rare in the US. The only recognized varieties in the US are salmon and white. In the UK they have salmon, white, buff, blue, black, cuckoo, and ermine in LF, maybe others I'm not aware of....
smile.png

Hmmm.....would it be possible to have eggs shipped from someone in the UK? That would be a wonderful project to work on. I may have to look into that as blue is my ultimate favorite color. I had a dog shipped from Portugal yrs ago and it wasn't nearly as expensive or difficult as you'd imagine. Surely shipping eggs from across the pond is do-able....

Quote:
Thanks.
smile.png
smile.png

Hmmm.....would it be possible to have eggs shipped from someone in the UK? That would be a wonderful project to work on. I may have to look into that as blue is my ultimate favorite color. I had a dog shipped from Portugal yrs ago and it wasn't nearly as expensive or difficult as you'd imagine. Surely shipping eggs from across the pond is do-able....

Except that they will be xrayed and could be quarantined for up to 30 days.
sickbyc.gif
Much better chances of getting started birds shipped. Go to the USDA website and it will lay it all out for you.
wink.png

I think it would be easier to MAKE LF blues than to try to get them shipped over.....

Last edited:
Quote:

sickbyc.gif
Much better chances of getting started birds shipped. Go to the USDA website and it will lay it all out for you.
wink.png

I think it would be easier to MAKE LF blues than to try to get them shipped over.....

They even quarantine *eggs for 30 days? Well that wouldn't make for healthy chicks, would it? Not to mention that whole radiation thing
hmm.png

I've never bred chickens, but maybe I need to take it upon myself to look into that lol

Quote:
sickbyc.gif
wink.png

They even quarantine *eggs for 30 days? Well that wouldn't make for healthy chicks, would it? Not to mention that whole radiation thing
hmm.png

I've never bred chickens, but maybe I need to take it upon myself to look into that lol

I have no personal experience with the whole "importing eggs" thing, but that's what I've read on other threads here.

I would love to help you if you decide to make some LF blues.....
wink.png

Quote:
hmm.png

I have no personal experience with the whole "importing eggs" thing, but that's what I've read on other threads here.

I would love to help you if you decide to make some LF blues.....
wink.png

haha! Another enabler, I see
smile.png
I'm going to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom