Faverolles Thread

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
I am sooo happy, sold my gorgeous Choc English Orpington chicks, took a deposit today, and I candled my sebbie eggs and have 5 developing and looking strong under Gretel's tender loving care... new camera here I come
fl.gif
...now if my Fav girls would decide to give up their egg strike, and my Orp and Cochin ladies would grow up and start to lay, things finally will finally be starting to look good around here!

I'm gald to hear every things well!
thumbsup.gif
My Faverolle hens that I want to hatch eggs from wont lay either!
barnie.gif
But, I began keeping eggs from the white roo and hen now that they've been together a week! And they are inseparable now! I love having a white roo for my hen! He compliment her! The white roo (Dork we called him) is so nice to her. It's fantastic!
ya.gif
Thanks again Sandi!!!
smile.png

This is complicated and confusing- ticking makes good cocks but bad hens. What makes good hens?

What Sandy says is correct - you generally have a pullet line and a cockerel line - the combination of faults from the parents can create good offspring. Luckily, there are plenty of those to go around! He's my bantam cock, who will make a good pullet breeder. I have him (or will, when the laying gets going again) paired with two lovely light females. See all the white in his beard and chest? He was much darker when he was younger, buy the white started showing up after he was a year old, so...But, he's got decent type, and so do the girls, so they should turn out nice.

Last edited:
What Sandy says is correct - you generally have a pullet line and a cockerel line - the combination of faults from the parents can create good offspring. Luckily, there are plenty of those to go around! He's my bantam cock, who will make a good pullet breeder. I have him (or will, when the laying gets going again) paired with two lovely light females. See all the white in his beard and chest? He was much darker when he was younger, buy the white started showing up after he was a year old, so...But, he's got decent type, and so do the girls, so they should turn out nice.

nice looking breeder boy
smile.png

I'm gald to hear every things well!
thumbsup.gif
My Faverolle hens that I want to hatch eggs from wont lay either!
barnie.gif
But, I began keeping eggs from the white roo and hen now that they've been together a week! And they are inseparable now! I love having a white roo for my hen! He compliment her! The white roo (Dork we called him) is so nice to her. It's fantastic!
ya.gif
Thanks again Sandi!!!
smile.png

AWESOME
woot.gif
and remember... any colored chicks you do not want come home with me to go back into the out cross project

I shall keep you posted! I am planning on puting some in next week once I collect a couple and I'm also gonna put some from my pen with my roo that I brought to Congress and the hen from you, cindy and two others of mine in hopes I get a couple good roos!!! I can't wait to hatch some and right now my two Jersey Wooly rabbits that are in my room are ready to kindle any minute now and one is stuffing her face with hay, building a nest! It is so exciting! I cant wait for the snow to go away and the sun to be out and spring to be here already! I love this time of the year! These rabbits are just too funny!!!
lau.gif
And I pulled all the broken feathers off of my faverolles to get them ready for the CT and Little Rhody shows and boy I pretty much made Dork and one of my other salmon roos into rumpless Faverolles! Lol
th.gif

I shall keep you posted! I am planning on puting some in next week once I collect a couple and I'm also gonna put some from my pen with my roo that I brought to Congress and the hen from you, cindy and two others of mine in hopes I get a couple good roos!!! I can't wait to hatch some and right now my two Jersey Wooly rabbits that are in my room are ready to kindle any minute now and one is stuffing her face with hay, building a nest! It is so exciting! I cant wait for the snow to go away and the sun to be out and spring to be here already! I love this time of the year! These rabbits are just too funny!!!
lau.gif
And I pulled all the broken feathers off of my faverolles to get them ready for the CT and Little Rhody shows and boy I pretty much made Dork and one of my other salmon roos into rumpless Faverolles! Lol
th.gif

Easter bunnies!
bun.gif

are you planning on showing Dork?
...also I will try to grow an extra roo from my stuff if I can for you if you want so you will have more genetic diversity

Last edited:
Yeah, I am so excited about the bunnies! My sister just had a litter of 7 English Angoras on the 25th and my two Jerseys are due tomorrow!
celebrate.gif
I've been trying to breed them all winter!
he.gif
And I was plannig on showing Dork! I feel so bad he legitimately has no tail or foot feathers now!
th.gif
but I know it will grow back in nicely!
big_smile.png
...(to his dismay) haha! I just want to go show him off and be like "I got this guy from Sandra Provost" and better yet he's half Dorking!
lol.png
... haha I would like another roo but ive got three roos and and I dont need another right now
wink.png
I'll be hatching plenty lol! None of my birds are related at all accept for two muddy hens that came from the same batch that my good roo came from! But other than that I have him in with a hen from you two of mine and one from Cindy Rolfe. My other roo is out of the hen that I also brought to Congress with the missing toe who im crossing back to her because I wanted to breed for hens similar to her and with the roos I have all I get is splashed beards! They are gonna be the start of my pullet line cause he's really light and shes really big and he has gotten pretty big as well! The other coop with my good roo will be my Cockereal line! I am all set up and got them penned up to breed!... if only they would actually do the (breeding part)!
hmm.png
Oh well. Also was the hen that you gave me laying when you gaver her to me?

No, she was not laying regularly, they were all on strike... but she should start up again soon (it actually is a relief to know she did not immediately start giving you the eggs I so wanted) She laid a few times while they were quarantined from coming home from the show... other then that she has not been producing, same as the rest of them
he.gif

Yeah, I am so excited about the bunnies! My sister just had a litter of 7 English Angoras on the 25th and my two Jerseys are due tomorrow!
celebrate.gif
I've been trying to breed them all winter!
he.gif
And I was plannig on showing Dork! I feel so bad he legitimately has no tail or foot feathers now! but I know it will grow back in nicely!
big_smile.png
He will need a lot of high protein grub and vitamins if you expect him to be fertile AND grow back feathers... best to get some chicks out of him rather then risk him at a show... it is not like he would be easy to replace
wink.png
...besides, his toes are way off the mark for a show bird anyway

Back
Top Bottom