Faverolles Thread

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[COLOR=FF0000]Can anyone tell me what to look for in selecting a Salmon Faverolle Cockerel to grow out? I have 4 and hope to keep the best one. I will try to get pics tonight but wondered if I could get a description.[/COLOR]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm not yelling just hoping my post does not get lost in the shuffle :bow thanks so much for any input.

Pics would definitely help. It's really hard to describe what to look for in a cockerel, because they change SO much. It's generally not a good idea to select which boys you'll keep for breeding until they are a minimum of 8-10 months old. With pics we can likely tell you if there are any you definitely should not keep, but depending on age, we probably won't be able to tell you who your best will be yet, depending on age.

I have been dying to post some photos of my ladies, my facebook friends just don't appreciate the whole love of chickens.

It seems so hard to get a photo without the other breeds in it, they huddle together constantly!
What part of Missouri are you from?? I have been looking for a SF person in MO... Do you breed?

I'm in Michigan.... and have around 22 chicks and counting if your needing some nice Faverolles to ad to your flock?
I'm just south of terre haute. Too far to drive obviously. Can you ship birds? Do you know how much it would cost? What would you want for maybe two pullets and a roo? I was considering some eggs, but I'd love to have some "ready to go" in the meantime!

LOL, I haven't bought a bator because I'm too busy to play "momma" to a bunch of chicks! But, broodies work really well
thumbsup.gif
That's how I do it
tongue.png

Eggs usually go for $20 to $35 a dozen, depending on who you buy from - their level of experience and quality of birds.....My birds aren't always "to standard" but they usually turn out good, something to work with.....I'll tell ya what, if you're ladies get broody again, send me a pm and we'll work something out - You'll be the first fav breeder in your area!

Rita
Your wonderful! I just asked about getting some already hatched from someone in MI. If I can get those, then buy some eggs from you when my hens go broody again, I'd have two lines to breed with. I'm so glad to find such nice people! I feel like there's still hope! I'll be sure to send you a pm when I'm ready for some eggs! Thanks so much Rita!!!

Your wonderful! I just asked about getting some already hatched from someone in MI. If I can get those, then buy some eggs from you when my hens go broody again, I'd have two lines to breed with. I'm so glad to find such nice people! I feel like there's still hope! I'll be sure to send you a pm when I'm ready for some eggs! Thanks so much Rita!!!
I sent you a pm and I just so happen to have a few broody's as well (Faverolles) I could always ad her to your trio then she could hatch some eggs for you

I'm just south of terre haute. Too far to drive obviously. Can you ship birds? Do you know how much it would cost? What would you want for maybe two pullets and a roo? I was considering some eggs, but I'd love to have some "ready to go" in the meantime!

There is a breeder in Indiana. If your wanting salmon faverolles if you pm me I can get you his contact info. I have 10 from his line they are maturing very nice

You're very welcome! - Now it looks like you have a few breeders to choose from
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom