Faverolles Thread

Here is 9 week old Maggie. She was hatched and brooded with these two runner ducks. I think Maggie thinks she is a duck. She is constantly with them and they play and sleep together....except at night. I got a Silver Laced Wyandotte that is Maggie's age and started housing them separately from the ducks at night. But, both the ducks and Maggie cry if they are separated during the day. They are family. Maggie and our new SLW, Lacy, are too young to be put with the big girls yet. Maybe another few weeks.
So disaster! I am heartsick! As I was posting this post, a hawk came and got Maggie! I can't believe it. It was eating her when I stepped out the backdoor to put her to bed. I hatched her and only kept the one. RIP, my sweet Maggie.
I'm so sorry! :(

Does it anyone else have LF Blue Favs? I saw a picture of some of Henry's previous bantams that were OH SO nice. I would really like to stick with LF birds if I can.

Pam Mynard in TX (barngodess) is the only one with them. She was offering eggs a while back. Dick got rid of his just this spring.

So disaster!  I am heartsick!  As I was posting this post, a hawk came and got Maggie!  I can't believe it.  It was eating her when I stepped out the backdoor to put her to bed.  I hatched her and only kept the one.  RIP, my sweet Maggie.

That makes me heartsick!!! I am sooo sorry!!!

Quote: I'm so sorry!
sad.png

Aw, I am sorry.
hugs.gif

So disaster! I am heartsick! As I was posting this post, a hawk came and got Maggie! I can't believe it. It was eating her when I stepped out the backdoor to put her to bed. I hatched her and only kept the one. RIP, my sweet Maggie.
Oh no! How horrible! I'm so sorry. How are the others in your flock doing?

Back
Top Bottom