Faverolles Thread

Here is a pick of my Bantam rooster

I recently read on another post how some chickens like their keel to be rubbed.... well I think Aurora likes it a little too much as she jumps on my lap every morning and makes them "bup bup buuuup" sounds until I stroke her! Then she falls asleep!

hugs.gif

LOL, My last bunch of brooder chicks loved it too! They would run up to the edge of the box and stand up really tall with their little chests stuck out as far as possible so I could rub them!

LOL, My last bunch of brooder chicks loved it too! They would run up to the edge of the box and stand up really tall with their little chests stuck out as far as possible so I could rub them!

Aww that is so sweet! I never really thought about where a chicken would most like to be stroked before, I usually stroked their chests or wattles/chin (my cream legbar X loves her wattles being rubbed haha!), but the girls really do love it :D

Aurora laid her first egg yesterday!!

I still can't decide if they are bantams or LF. Aurora and Willow are small, but Luna seems much too big to be a bantam
idunno.gif
I also find it odd that the two smaller ones have red combs and squat (and now Aurora is laying), yet Luna is still pale and doesn't look close to laying!

I have two LF salmon cockerels available: hatched June 30, Boulanger/ Provost/ Merlin lines. One cockerel probably not for breeding - little beard and wattles too large. The other is looking very nice so far. I don't ship - heading to Cobleskill, NY on the 29th, or at Sussex, NJ on Oct 19th. After that I'm going to start to get desperate. No good pics as I can't get them to sit still. Can work out a chicken train if you live too far away, and have a friend attending those shows.

I have two LF salmon cockerels available: hatched June 30, Boulanger/ Provost/ Merlin lines.  One cockerel probably not for breeding - little beard and wattles too large.  The other is looking very nice so far.  I don't ship - heading to Cobleskill, NY on the 29th, or at Sussex, NJ on Oct 19th.  After that I'm going to start to get desperate.  No good pics as I can't get them to sit still.  Can work out a chicken train if you live too far away, and have a friend attending those shows.
do they carry any white recessive?

Hi. Just getting started with Salmon Favs and hatched these out awhile ago. The first two pics are obviously pullets.

I don't know what this one is. Is this a pullet or cockerel?

Here are the cockerels. The first two pics are the same one and he is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom