Faverolles Thread

I have two so far of three eggs hatch today...YEA!!! They are from blue bantam salmon Faverolles. Now I have a question about their color. I know there can be 3 different colors due to the blue gene. So, I have one chick that is rather charcoal gray and the other, as far as I can tell, will be light yellow. I have raised reg salmon Faverolles before but not blue and trying to now gain some knowledge as to the down color of chicks for the blue Faverolles.
Thanks!!

I have two so far of three eggs hatch today...YEA!!! They are from blue bantam salmon Faverolles. Now I have a question about their color. I know there can be 3 different colors due to the blue gene. So, I have one chick that is rather charcoal gray and the other, as far as I can tell, will be light yellow. I have raised reg salmon Faverolles before but not blue and trying to now gain some knowledge as to the down color of chicks for the blue Faverolles.
Thanks!!
Are they blue salmons or solid blue? Does the chick look like the one in the middle here?

Last edited:

Joon layed her first egg today!

Quote:
The dark one is exactly the same.The light one looks sortof like the others but it has a silvery color on its head. I purchased the eggs from a breeder. They are supposed to be blue salmons
But at least I have 2 out of the 5 eggs shipped.
Do you have experience with these??? I have LF Salmon Faverolles and know what they look like. But I am really wanting to know more about the breeding and genetics of these.
I actually ordered LF and when they came I almost croaked when I opened the box!!! They forgot to say they were bantams. Now I am tickles to death!!! So, I ordered LF blue salmon from someone else and I put them in an incubator on the 15th. I am excited to see what color they are and holding my breath for hatch rate. Our USPS drivers to the PO are horrible with fragile items and they very obviously can't read, and don't care. On the other hand, our PO is very good even making sure live chicks are kept warm until I pick them up!! :)

Last edited:
That grey chick turned out to be a silver gene white. (50% of what I hatched from that particular pair turned out white) I think yours may be also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom