Faverolles Thread

I got two salmon faverolles at market but one has dark markings the other doesn't!
I also got two sablepoots and they are all the best if friends
I think having the tiny sablepoot cockerels, with the favs works so well

Sadly I'm getting rid of the sablepoots so be interesting to see how they get on with the other chickens
I think the fav with dark markings might die because she keeps going sleepy and looking ill( unless its a clever ploy yo get scrambled egg)

The other fav is very expressive and cute and so affectionate she clings to me and won't be put down!
I love sketching her quirky little face

I think I was worried for no reason, the issue doesn't seem to be my chicks not getting along...it was the ramp to get outside! I noticed the chicks didn't seem to feel very confident on it so we made a new one yesterday and I made sure each of the chicks went up and down it...and today all four Faverolles were enjoying the outside with the rest of the flock with no issues! They were just scared of the ramp I think, silly chicks!
smile.png

Two of my 10 week old Salmon Faverolles chicks are cockerels and I am pretty sure I know which I am hoping to keep, but what things do you look for in a cockerel to try to guess who will grow up to be a nice example of the breed standard?

Two of my 10 week old Salmon Faverolles chicks are cockerels and I am pretty sure I know which I am hoping to keep, but what things do you look for in a cockerel to try to guess who will grow up to be a nice example of the breed standard?

Unfortunately, it usually takes a few months to know if the pattern is going to be any good. Right now, you can look at the toes, the comb, the size of the feet, but not much else. I have an 8-week-old cockerel, and he looks like a mutt right now. Just gotta wait.

Back
Top Bottom