Faverolles Thread

They are squatting when I reach for them, one girl has a bigger comb recently and waddle and it's RED, dark red. I also noticed that their vents bulge a bit more than before. I try to get a once over a few times a week for monitoring health (vent, feathers, feet etc )
If their squatting and you've noticed the darkening comb, next they should start trying out their nesting boxes and soon you should start seeing eggs
1f60a.png

"Roo" is an unfortunate slang term for a male chicken. The correct terms are cock and cockerel. A cock is a male chicken approximately a year old. A cockerel is a male chicken under a year.

FYI - to those who hope to get serious with any breed: say "roo" to a professional breeder/exhibitor, and their eyes will glaze over. They won't take you seriously unless you use the correct terminology. BYC has gotten a bad rep with the serious breeders because of all the people using the term "roo." You'll never see that word on any of the sites the professionals hang out in. If you're not comfortable using "cock," say "cockbird." I'll admit, it took me a bit to get used to it, but that is the correct term. Has been since the chicken was domesticated thousands of years ago.

I will post up more photo's soon.. Do you have any more fav's???

Not right now... PM me if you want me to incubate some for you.

Agh, thanks. I would rather have a broody hen raise them.. It's just easier.. You know the barnyard mix you gave us? She is just the sweetest thing as well!! She totally follow's me and will stay by my side.. I hope she give's us pretty egg's.. I was the grey colored one. I think you said, SLW & Amerucana mix. Spelling is off..

Back
Top Bottom