Faverolles Thread

when we have our next broody hen we would like some fertile eggs from someone, does anybody ship egg's?
In a few months I might be able to supply you with some
1f60a.png
. Until them check the member pages for maybe a side swap
1f609.png

Okay Great PM us..

"Roo" is an unfortunate slang term for a male chicken.  The correct terms are cock and cockerel.  A cock is a male chicken approximately a year old.  A cockerel is a male chicken under a year.

FYI - to those who hope to get serious with any breed: say "roo" to a professional breeder/exhibitor, and their eyes will glaze over.  They won't take you seriously unless you use the correct terminology.  BYC has gotten a bad rep with the serious breeders because of all the people using the term "roo." You'll never see that word on any of the sites the professionals hang out in.  If you're not comfortable using "cock," say "cockbird."   I'll admit, it took me a bit to get used to it, but that is the correct term.  Has been since the chicken was domesticated thousands of years ago.  

I'm sure you have already read this.. But just in case some of you have not, enjoy.. Happy Saturday
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ered-the-World.html?device=iphone&device=ipad

Hello, this is my first year with Bantams Salmon Faverolles and I would appreciate some honest opinions about these birds. Also, is their any specific pages that mention breeding Salmon Faverolles?

These are the three roosters (cockerels technically) which I am presently holding on too for breeding out of potentially. The forth rooster pictured is the cockerel witch I am hoping to sell, I do not care for his comb as much as his "brothers".
kimg0628_by_rolldown-d937p99.jpg
kimg0697_by_rolldown-d937pga.jpg

kimg0703_by_rolldown-d937pks.jpg
kimg0696_by_rolldown-d937pd1.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my girls (pullets), I have five hens but will likely only hang onto 4 as one has a side-spring.

kimg0698_by_rolldown-d937pr7.jpg
kimg0700_by_rolldown-d937pwv.jpg
kimg0699_by_rolldown-d937pty.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:Originally Posted by Lofty Dreams

Hello, this is my first year with Bantams Salmon Faverolles and I would appreciate some honest opinions about these birds. Also, is their any specific pages that mention breeding Salmon Faverolles?

These are the three roosters (cockerels technically) which I am presently holding on too for breeding out of potentially. The forth rooster pictured is the cockerel witch I am hoping to sell, I do not care for his comb as much as his "brothers".
kimg0628_by_rolldown-d937p99.jpg
kimg0697_by_rolldown-d937pga.jpg

kimg0703_by_rolldown-d937pks.jpg
kimg0696_by_rolldown-d937pd1.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my girls (pullets), I have five hens but will likely only hang onto 4 as one has a side-spring.

kimg0698_by_rolldown-d937pr7.jpg
kimg0700_by_rolldown-d937pwv.jpg
kimg0699_by_rolldown-d937pty.jpg
Which cockerel are you not keeping? The bottom right? I wouldn't keep him either, he has split wing. The last pullet looks to have it as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom