Faverolles Thread

[COLOR=4B0082]Hello Keesmom, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I prefer chicks or good quality started birds (pullets w/ a Cockeral) only because I have never incubated eggs before. I am afraid I might loose the whole bunch if I were to set eggs. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I will do it (set eggs) if it is the only way to have my birds but I do prefer a trio/quartet or two. If I were to set eggs I surely would set my own hens eggs at first, if only to get practice at incubating eggs. I know that it isn't as easy as it seems and if I were to loose them at first  to lack of knowledge and experience, then I prefer they not be my Favorelles. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I am also hoping that one of the pullets I purchased this year is a broody girl as for me that would be the perfect answer.[/COLOR]

I may have some birds available later this fall. I got a really late start on the hatching season this year due to the weather. Unfortunately what I do have so far is too young to grade, so I cannot guarantee anything.

My goal for next spring is to use my two hens and any of the three pullets that are growing out that have good conformation. I will most likely keep one cockerel through the winter but I may not use him if I am able to hatch a cockerel from Cloverleaf this fall. It is probably a bad idea to mix lines like that but I am not sure I have many options. Mostly I am looking to establish a flock that is producing consistent offspring of my own breeding.

I would eventually like to show a little (which I have never done) and sell eggs and chicks locally.
HI, am not sure how you mean about mixing lines…..If you have a group of hens and are able to hatch a cockerel from Cloverleaf that may be a good thing, especially if unrelated, continuing to breed too close can affect flock vigor….She has pretty nice birds, both stock and eggs are on the larger size…. To improve, learn the SOP, I agree with others, hatch as many as You can, cull heavily keep and only breed the very best. I have found that Faverolles mature around 2 years…...Good Luck.

Cloverleaf, I checked out your FB and those are gorgeous birds. Kudos to you
1f60a.png

Hi everyone!
Hope you are all having a good day. I live in Colorado Springs and I'm in need of help re-homing my 4 1/2 months old Salmon Faverolles rooster. Unfortunately we haven't had any luck with the collars and now he crows whenever he hears my voice. I would like to find him a good home before my neighbors start to complain, so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone!
Hope you are all having a good day. I live in Colorado Springs and I'm in need of help re-homing my 4 1/2 months old Salmon Faverolles rooster. Unfortunately we haven't had any luck with the collars and now he crows whenever he hears my voice. I would like to find him a good home before my neighbors start to complain, so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Hi I live in denver, I just rehomed my faverolle rooster to a Lady that works at a feed store called Walkers cage and feed, they are off kipling and 43rd-ish in Arvada they take lots of roosters in for the chicken lady as they refer to her, she does a lot with educational programs and rehomes to 4-H kids or will find a home that fits his needs. I felt very comfortable leaving Chaps there. also I had him in my dog's crate and he was too big for a box so I left the kennel and she returned it to the store the next day so I could pick it up on my way home from work. good luck

Back
Top Bottom