Faverolles Thread

Hello again everyone! My newest batch of Faverolles are all grown up and I am absolutely smitten with them. :) Here are a few of my favorites. This is "Poof". She is HUGE compared to my other Faverolles. Love her! "Pepper", my upcoming bachelor. And "Snow", whom I think is Blue Salmon. I have a couple of hens (including Poof) that have darker colored neck feathers. How do I go about breeding for more even coloring on hens? What would cause this hen to have puffed up feathers near her tail? I have tried to groom them down but I can't do much with them. Her feathers have been like this for months. She is right around a year old. Though, she looks worse than normal right now though because she's trying to molt.
Wow. Do you ship egg's? Or day old chicks to Arizona. . We have them for pet's. .

Last edited:
Hello again everyone! My newest batch of Faverolles are all grown up and I am absolutely smitten with them. :) Here are a few of my favorites. This is "Poof". She is HUGE compared to my other Faverolles. Love her! "Pepper", my upcoming bachelor. And "Snow", whom I think is Blue Salmon. I have a couple of hens (including Poof) that have darker colored neck feathers. How do I go about breeding for more even coloring on hens? What would cause this hen to have puffed up feathers near her tail? I have tried to groom them down but I can't do much with them. Her feathers have been like this for months. She is right around a year old. Though, she looks worse than normal right now though because she's trying to molt.
Super gorgeous birds!!!

Your birds do look beautiful….I had always thought that hens with the *white* tail feathers were Splash and the *blue* tail feathers were Blue. Keesmom?????

Thank You. I think I see blue in her tail but it is very light so it is definitely possible that she could be splash. I'm new to the blue salmon color and she is the first not-salmon hen that I've raised.

When not molting does she have an exaggerated cushion?

Yes, it has been like this since early spring.

Your birds do look beautiful….I had always thought that hens with the *white* tail feathers were Splash and the *blue* tail feathers were Blue. Keesmom?????
Yes, splash hens have white tail and wingtips.

Thank You. I think I see blue in her tail but it is very light so it is definitely possible that she could be splash. I'm new to the blue salmon color and she is the first not-salmon hen that I've raised.
She is blue. Blue runs the range from light to dark. Splash hens have white.

I've had a small number of pullets with Cochin-like cushions over the years. I generally do not keep them. Do you have any offspring from her?

Hi folks! A nice lady on eBay (the_water_whisperer) who has been working on bantam faverolles lines of white, black, blue, bbs, salmon, blue salmon is closing her programs and selling her eggs to those who want to continue exploring these colors. Personally, I jumped at the chance, and figured I'd pass it along in case some of you are also interested in non-salmon bantam favs!

Hi folks! A nice lady on eBay (the_water_whisperer) who has been working on bantam faverolles lines of white, black, blue, bbs, salmon, blue salmon is closing her programs and selling her eggs to those who want to continue exploring these colors. Personally, I jumped at the chance, and figured I'd pass it along in case some of you are also interested in non-salmon bantam favs!
Is that Misty in Missouri?

Last edited:

My faverolle being a good broody hen

Back
Top Bottom