Faverolles Thread

Cloverleaf has had a major upheaval in her life the past couple of years so I am not surprised she is hard to reach.

I don't do FB, but if you do I know there was/is an auction for a pair of Faverolles from a breeder in Oregon. I am not sure which page specifically but if you are interested I will try to find out if they are still available and on what site.
What happened to her? is she all right?

Edit: and also, I found another breeder. It is kind of obscure, but people had good breeds from them too. Northwoods Poultry, I think.

Last edited:
I have a question about feet. The SOP I have is from 1989 and the illustration of a foot for 5 toed breeds shows the fith toe going straight back and up - however on the illustration for the faverolle breed - it shows the toe going straight back horizontally. Which am I looking for? I have 11 chicks and some 5th toes go back and up and some go horizontally back ( and some do neither so I know they are not correct).

And since I am here
tongue.png
some of the chicks were spotted/sooty (and the eggs were from a breeder) so I know pullets may feather in darker than desired - does this also include foot/leg feathers or will only cockerels get black foot/leg feathering? At 12 days old I am seeing black foot/leg feathering on some whose wings are not screaming boy.
Thanks for your help everyone!

Last edited:
If it is easy for you to find I would be interested, thanks. I am on Facebook so the name of the page would be all I need.
It's Rare Chicken Breeds Auction Only. The Faverolles auction is no longer there apparently. Maybe another will be listed.

Duane Urch had salmons in the past. He ships chicks. I'll dig out a Poultry Press and see if he has an ad in there.

I have a question about feet. The SOP I have is from 1989 and the illustration of a foot for 5 toed breeds shows the fith toe going straight back and up - however on the illustration for the faverolle breed - it shows the toe going straight back horizontally. Which am I looking for? I have 11 chicks and some 5th toes go back and up and some go horizontally back ( and some do neither so I know they are not correct).

And since I am here
tongue.png
some of the chicks were spotted/sooty (and the eggs were from a breeder) so I know pullets may feather in darker than desired - does this also include foot/leg feathers or will only cockerels get black foot/leg feathering? At 12 days old I am seeing black foot/leg feathering on some whose wings are not screaming boy.
Thanks for your help everyone!
Ideally the toe should go straight back and up. However all they really need to have 5 toes.

Only males should have black leg feathers. Sometimes the really light cockerels look like pullets at first.

Here's a post from a few days ago on this thread. I took @CherriesBrood advice and checked out this hatchery. The pics show the best looking breeding flock of any of the other hatcheries I've looked at.

Originally Posted by CherriesBrood View Post

Well I know you said you don't want hatchery birds, but you should take a look at chickens for backyards hatchery. That is where I got peaches from (the chick above). All of their birds are very well bred, they are all very healthy, they come true to breed, and they grow up to be beautiful birds! They also have great customer service and they are the only hatchery that I order my baby chicks from, I have ordered babies from them 4 times now including an order that I just ordered and it should be here on the first week of March. This time I ordered another Salmon Favorelle chick, along with 10 other standard breed chicks, and 7 bantam chicks. I'm very excited and super anxious to get them. This hatchery also let's you order a minimum of 3 baby chicks for people that want a smaller flock. smile.png I highly recommend them if you want to get this breed! big_smile.png
Thank you. I missed that.

Back
Top Bottom