Faverolles Thread

Are anyone else's Faverolles light-weights? My birds have constant access to high quality food but are pretty slim overall.
Our Frenchy is 8 months now. I think she laid her first egg the other day. I am new to having birds, so i cant really compair het sixe, but she looks like a good size to me.

Is bumblefoot an issue with anyone else's Faverolles? I can't lower the perches any more so I'm going to raise the floor a bit with anti fatigue mats in the coop. Chamois, currently my only Faverolles, has a case of double bumble!

She's also totally filthy all the time. I have orange colored clay in my soil and she loves to roll in it! :-/

Last edited:
@Amelia. ..
She only breeds them because she finds them to be the sweetest breeds.
She breeds to SOP. And she's super friendly to work with. Super responsive to messages.
As a matter of fact, we still keep in contact since, swapping stories and advice.
We just talked via Messenger on Wednesday.
Best breeder I've ever dealt with.

And she really cares about the quality of her faverolles. You can tell.
I asked to have them shipped here but she found a truck delivering to California and she placed them in there. Got my girls in 26 hours! Happy, stressed free, well fed and kept in clean bin in air conditioned truck.

They're hard to find...that's why I tell everyone where I got mine from. Because it took me months to find a breeder!

DOUBLECREEK FAVORELLES in Texas.
She will have chicks in March and pullets all year long but she won't ship if it's too hot or too cold.

I've never asked her about eggs because I wanted pullets and she had them.
I bought eggs from BYCer named PiperOmar.
She lists eggs for sale at the end of February on eBay.
Her faverolles are fabulous also.
I hatched CheepCheep from her eggs.
You can go back a few posts and see how cute and fluffy she was.
Both have great Favorelles.

Back
Top Bottom