Faverolles Thread

If your'e talking about the one in front there,that's a girl.:)
Haha, inadvertantly. I ordered three SF show quality hatching eggs from mypetchicken.com. One is white from that hatch, now 11 weeks old and pretty sure it's a he. Yes, much stronger personality than my salmon and mahogany pullets....but not sure if due to color or being a rooster. I love the little salmon and mahogany, but they are shy/skittish (despite mealworms, etc). I hatched the mahogany bird from eggs I bought on ebay, she's just 7 weeks. I switched to this breed because they're cool looking, I read that they were earlier layers and very reliable layers, and for my boys to have the birds to show. The colors have proven a real challenge in meeting the SOP. I may have to just breakdown and drop the cash to buy some birds from a show breeder. I do like the breed but the shyness is odd to me. I've only had a welsummer and a buff orpington previously, both were really nosy and followed me everywhere.View attachment 1181239

20171026_142209.jpg
20170718_183128.jpg
Yes 100 percent a girl. Roos look way different even between colors. This is my salmon roo now and about the age of your girl.:)
Really? I had several people on the faverolle sites on Facebook tell me that it looks like a Roo. Certainly would be fine with me, I can’t have a rooster in our neighborhood.

Really? I had several people on the faverolle sites on Facebook tell me that it looks like a Roo. Certainly would be fine with me, I can’t have a rooster in our neighborhood.
I would agree with them that it's a rooster with that bigger comb. Is it the same age as the one behind it in the photo?

Really, that's a thick body for a roo and a really thick tail base. I don't think the comb is an indicator of sex as much as it is a result of it's breeding much like the color. My girls were thick and fluffy like that, my roo was puny looking beside them, he's just now the littlest bit bigger than them :)
I would agree with them that it's a rooster with that bigger comb. Is it the same age as the one behind it in the photo?
20170710_171050.jpg
20170617_154807.jpg
20170718_182549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom