Faverolles Thread

Quote:
He's out of Melissa's birds, Henry.

I know I am so tempted! I am keeping one pair for someone whose coop burned down but they will be gone in a month or so and I'm selling the rest at the show. I am hatching eye candy and also setting some of my own from my best breeders.

Quote:
Yes, the other girls look more normal. One of them does not have good lacing, she has more white feathers with salmon tips, but the others are lookin' good. It's going to be fun to see how they all turn out. Unfortunately, I need to sell a trio of them for the sake of room. Hopefully the guy I'm selling them to will let me see pictures of how they turn out.

Quote:

OOH, OOH, OOH!! I'm gonna have to grow out boys then for sure!! Love his beard!!!
love.gif

Still just the 3 chicks - gonna candle the others later when it gets dark...
sad.png

Quote:

OOH, OOH, OOH!! I'm gonna have to grow out boys then for sure!! Love his beard!!!
love.gif

Still just the 3 chicks - gonna candle the others later when it gets dark...
sad.png

Thank you ... I just think he's the cat's meow..

FLUFFY CHICK PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this first pic - with that big fluffy beard, he looks like a little old man!!

15879_pasofav1.jpg

15879_pasofav2.jpg

15879_pasofav3.jpg

eta: Just realized I was still wearing my looney tunes pajama pants!! LOL Oh well!
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, the other girls look more normal. One of them does not have good lacing, she has more white feathers with salmon tips, but the others are lookin' good. It's going to be fun to see how they all turn out. Unfortunately, I need to sell a trio of them for the sake of room. Hopefully the guy I'm selling them to will let me see pictures of how they turn out.

When you breed blue salmon to blue salmon you get a few splash salmons I bet that's what the light pullet is splash salmon the hens are just a washed out salmon with blue and black in their tails and wings.. I do have one splash girl and I am keeping her to breed to a salmon and see if I get 100% blue salmons.

Henry

Last edited:
Alrighty... folks still in PJs... and here I am at work where I have been for 8 hours already... no fair!

I would definately candle Cloverleaf... these eggs have exceptional hatchability and you may have stragglers (?sp). I love their fuzzy little faces... and Texasgal your boy looks some like his daddy, LOL...

Now what is the talk about black and blue pullets??? I've never seen those. I would have said Salmon and Blue Salmon Cockerel.

Oh.. but I should have said I have never seen hatchery Favs... I understand that they can have a lot more ... er... color.

Has anybody gotten a Mahogony chick this year? They have red colored neck rings.

Kinda sad about the large fowl being the ones to go Henry but we have to make so many hard choices here too... Tomorrow I am taking my favorite cow in the world (the little Dutch Belted) to her new owner... I am sad but we had a chance to get an exceptional Dexter and we don't have enough grass to support another cow unless one goes.
hit.gif

So far one live ducky out of the hatcher...
fl.gif
hoping for more! I stink at duck hatching evidently:confused:

Back
Top Bottom