Faverolles Thread

hello,
i got my first blue salmon favs egg yesterday from Henrys' flock.they were hatched jan 1st.
41488_egg.jpg

41488_rie_800x600.jpg

Quote:
White is an excepted color and you can show them. Do you mean blue salmon or actual blue faverolles?

Henry

Sorry, Yes Salmon blue. I didn't know there was all blues out there or is there? Thanks for the reply.
big_smile.png

No problem yes there are both LF blue and bantam blue faverolles.

Let my broody out for a stretch today, she ate some bugs and got a dust bath in. Checked the nest/eggs and all seemed fine. Put Mama in the wire side of her bunny hutch w/ fresh food and water and she tanked up on both, then she went right back to work. I also gave her an over-ripe banana which she devoured... better her than me, I am alergic to bananas
tongue.png

Quote:
Thats great news glad she is able to take breaks glad you still have one girl that is sitting nice and tight. Hoping that you have a great hatch!
My broody switched nests and left the one viable egg over night! I popped it back under her and I am going to candle again tonight. She gets up ever day for a little while and eats and drinks. She is very sweet and only makes little warning noises and doesn't peck at me at all. Hope she gets one chick at least! I might have to buy a few if she doesn't hatch any.

Henry

Last edited:
Quote:
Breeze Fiona
39089_breezeprofile2.jpg
39089_fionahead.jpg

They're nearly identical except Fiona has some smut in her beard & a rounder comb. Not rosecombs though.
smile.png

I don't want you to see the toes! They're shaped fine but have scale mites and I didn't know
hit.gif
I thought they were all gone... I've been leaving them alone, in their nice new coop with wire floor & poultry dust under the nesting straw. I don't want to dip or grease them because it gets on the eggs & seals them & ruins them. Back to the drawing board on that! Tell you what, I'll put the rest of the pics on my byc page.

Back
Top Bottom