Faverolles Thread

Quote:
oooh! i didn't even give that a thought!!!! i still like to go down that way to see what everyone has in MA! and my sister and her family live about 10 minutes down the road from her (if i ever think to tell them i'm down that way that day!
lol.png
) here's hoping i may have some little fuzzy butts to bring with me for this one!

Quote:
i have both blue salmon and salmon. i have a blue salmon roo over a salmon girl and 2 other salmon boys over salmon girls. i also have one mahogany girl that may produce some of her color as well if i collect any of her eggs from my large pen. i'm waiting on a hatch to see what i'll be getting.

Zeus and his girl Hera are my oldest salmon pair and have produced some of the nicest looking girls. i was told he came from a NY breeder who was getting out of the Favs. the hen came from another local breeder up in ME.
25630_im000400.jpg

one of Zeus's daughters-Kiva (she's in my big pen with Mosey-an Oxley salmon boy)
25630_1kiva1-12-10.jpg

i need to get recent pics posted of Mosey and Apollo (a blue salmon boy from Hat Trick Silkies), though Henry used to own both of these boys and had posted some pics of them many pages back!

They are beautiful!! I've seven eggs in the bator rite now that are all good so far. So I guess I should see what I'll get but it's very tempting. Pm what you get me on your eggs and I'll let ya know. I'm just learning chickens period let alone breeds and standards but Henry said I got good eggs so?? Just let me know. Thanks. Any info on anything is appreciated!!

Quote:
Yes you got eggs from MarieMartin correct she has a trio she got from JimNjay and she got her trio from Leisha Comer so the parent birds are directly from Leisha Comer and Dick Bourlanger lines so they are very nice birds from good lines.

Henry

Quote:
Thats great how are they looking now?

Nothing yet...but they aren't due until late today...
fl.gif
Humidity ran a little higher this time, since it's been raining non stop here, so I hope everything goes ok...

Hey guys! I have been away from the board for a few weeks... what a whirlwind... a litter of 11 orphaned piglets followed by my mom being in the hospital in critical condition... anyway...most of that is ironed out now and back to chickens! Hope that everyone is had a productive spring and is ready to head into summer! I am just catching up on posts in this thread first since the Fav folks are by far the friendliest bunch anywhere...(like our chickens!).

Melissa

Hi Melissa,
glad to know all is better now.
just a quick note to let you know that I hatched 5 beautiful chicks from the eggs I got from you. they are now two weeks old and so far, it looks like I got 4 girls and one boy. 2 girlsd are salmon and 2 are a bit darker, but noen of them have the black plumage that is starting to show on the boy.
Thanks, it has been a great experience to me and the kids.
Andre

Quote:
Hi Melissa! Glad to see you back!! One of my chicks I hatched on the 2nd go round from your eggs is a white pullet, and she is ALL white! NO salmon coloring at all yet!
woot.gif
She's SO pretty!! And was the first to venture outside when I opened the door to their run on Sunday...she's funny, up and down and up and down the ladder at FULL steam!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom