Faverolles Thread

So, since I'm at 3.5 weeks with these things...3 more weeks, or what? When I have no expectation of being able to tell gender it is actually easier to wait. Not EASY, but easier
wink.png
desertsmile.gif

Ya, I would guess the last two are likely cockerels due to the black feathers coming in on top of their heads...but they could still be dark females...the black feathers will really start coming in on their chests if they are boys in the next couple of weeks... hang in there!!
wink.png

:
thankyou.gif
Everyone. I guess time will tell for sure. When do they get all sweet? I handle them and have since the hatch...pets, cuddles, etc. but they jump a mile high and run away when I come over to the brooder...the buckeyes are as calm or calmer at this point. Do they just need to be handled more?

I have 3 salmon fav cockerels that were sold to me as a few day old pullets. By the 2nd week I knew I didn't have pullets. They are now about 8 weeks old. No crowing yet. I live in town and can not keep them if they crow. I do have 2 serama roosters on my place that do crow, but so quietly that a person wouldn't know it was a rooster crowing. Any chance my 3 sal fav cocks won't crow and then I can keep them, or am I living in fantasy land. I heard not all roosters will crow if there are other roosters present that are crowing. Any truth to this, or an old wives tale? I have tried to rehome them a couple of times and it seems no one is interested in them as of yet anyway. I'd love to keep them, if only I lived in the country... anyway any help or advice would be good.
sad.png

Thanks in advance

Aves

Quote:
See the blue bar at the top of the site. Click uploads. Then the new page will pop up click choose file and it should take you into your files and then select the picture you want. Then click upload. It should load and show up with an IMG link its the second box under the picture. Then paste that onto the post. You have to do this each time you want to upload a picture. Also if you have a photobucket account I think you can post the IMG link here but I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom