Faverolles Thread

Quote:
you're right at looked. Nothing. In Washington either. I'm sorry!! It's weird cuz there are alot of people on this board from your region

We get rain & nice weather
celebrate.gif

But... it would be nice to have a big show in say, Portland. I'd say Santa Rosa, since it's closest to me... a Faverolle Specialty at the Sonoma County Fair in August... not likely, but I can dream
wink.png

The PPBA Stockton show is giant, albeit not far enough North, and had some nice Salmon Faverolles; about 6 or 8 LF (that I saw), & 8 or 10 Bantam (one was my Cornelius, who now lives with Grace's ladies up in the mountains).
I entered mine at the Sonoma County Fair, now to get over worrying about what could happen to them there.
Oh and I confess I still need to join Faverolle Fanciers, (and I think APA to get awards at the fair
hu.gif
); would someone kindly repost how to join?
Thank you
smile.png

eta: just answered one of my own questions... http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/membership.htm
and
.... the second one... ta daa! http://www.faverollesfanciers.org/id8.html

Last edited:
Quote:
you're right at looked. Nothing. In Washington either. I'm sorry!! It's weird cuz there are alot of people on this board from your region

We get rain & nice weather
celebrate.gif

But... it would be nice to have a big show in say, Portland. I'd say Santa Rosa, since it's closest to me... a Faverolle Specialty at the Sonoma County Fair in August... not likely, but I can dream
wink.png

The PPBA Stockton show is giant, albeit not far enough North, and had some nice Salmon Faverolles; about 6 or 8 LF (that I saw), & 8 or 10 Bantam (one was my Cornelius, who now lives with Grace's ladies up in the mountains).
I entered mine at the Sonoma County Fair, now to get over worrying about what could happen to them there.
Oh and I confess I still need to join Faverolle Fanciers, (and I think APA to get awards at the fair
hu.gif
); can you repost how to join?
Thank you
smile.png

You haven't joined yet??!??
th.gif
Haa haa, just kiddin'!!
gig.gif
Leisha will have to chime in on how to join, cuz I did it wrong! oops!
hide.gif
(Ya, I know, doesn't seem like it should be that hard, does it?)

lol I have to actually print it out for APA. And use snail mail. We are so spoiled!
The Faverolle Fancier site didn't work for me... but I'm not giving up!
Maybe in the next few years we can campaign for the National Show to be out here somewhere?

Last edited:
Quote:
The old site is inactive...email Leisha (in case she doesn't see this) she'll tell you what you need to do. I'm with you that we need something out here...also if the club started having some smaller stuff out here, it might raise interest, and those that already have them might join the club. Alot of people probably don't join because everything is back east, so what's the point? Personally, I joined because I figured that if I ever wanted to be taken seriously as a Fav breeder, I'd better belong to the breed club for a start! And these chicks that I'm growing out right now are going to do the rest! They are AMAZING!!
love.gif

Is/does anyone know a breeder that will sell and ship me two bantam salmon faverolles eggs? I'm finishing an incubator that holds approximately 1 large egg and two small eggs. It is a 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" area. Do you think two bantam faverolles eggs would fit in there?

Hi, Can anyone tell me at what age you can tell the pullets apart from the roo"s? I 'm suppose to have 5 LF salmon faverolles and 1 roo, but i'm a newbie and can't tell them apart. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
The old site is inactive...email Leisha (in case she doesn't see this) she'll tell you what you need to do. I'm with you that we need something out here...also if the club started having some smaller stuff out here, it might raise interest, and those that already have them might join the club. Alot of people probably don't join because everything is back east, so what's the point? Personally, I joined because I figured that if I ever wanted to be taken seriously as a Fav breeder, I'd better belong to the breed club for a start! And these chicks that I'm growing out right now are going to do the rest! They are AMAZING!!
love.gif

To join the club dues are $10.00 a year. Send to: Leisha Comer
14499 Kettlersville Rd
Wapakoneta, OH 45895
I think it's great to support your breed club.
Dick

Quote:
Yep it doesn't always work out exactly so look at the secondary feather (the top of the wings) because sometimes hens will have there first feathers come in dark.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom