Faverolles Thread

Hey everyone just came back from Dick's I met Sandi, Cindy, and Cindy's kids. It was great! Dick has some amazing birds his LF salmons just make me say wow! His setup is great wish I had that much room. Now I can't wait to get home and finish up building a few more pens. I need a grow out pen for all the BBS chicks I am going to hatch. I am also going to use my columbian wyndotte hen under the black faverolles cock and see what I get. Hopefully after few generation I will get some ermines. Anyone who has the opportunity should go meet Dick it was well worth the drive! We are leaving at 4am tomorrow to head home. Sounds like no more BBS bantam chicks are going to hatch from the first 5. Hopefully all 13 in the next batch will hatch as I will set them up a little more carefully and be better with humidity I think it was a bit high during this last hatch. I think one of the highlights of the trip had to be watching some video that Dick took when he was in England. There Faverolles are stunning!

Henry

I only have 1 faverolle rooster, He's about 10 months old now. I had 4 more, a roo and 3 girls, but some raccons ate them. :[ So I'm down to 1 fav now and I'm looking for more, Can anyone help me? If so post here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4454203#p4454203

Here's
my fav roo, Ain't he pertty?
22167_108915309123866_1000001619238.jpg

26901_118796334802430_1000001619238.jpg

Quote:
He is a bird from Dick I think its a white that came out of his BBS line.

Henry

I think you're right.

It was nice to finally meet you, and see Dick and Sandi again! I love the crow from that lavender orp roo. I would also like to see how that splash salmon pullet/roo/half and half turns out. Dick should post some pics on that one! Will it crow? Lay eggs? Both??

The blue pair is settling in. They are definitely mellow little birds. I haven't heard a peep out of either yet.

Quote:
OOH! Me! I want a sweatshirt AND a tshirt! AND a jacket! And.....well, you get it....
tongue.png

x2! Plus a hat! Or a visor for those with pony tails?

And Sarah's tshirt! I love that. I'd have to get it in black or dark green so it wouldn't show stains as fast
wink.png
You see who the model is for that nice jacket & hat, don't you? Surely you're not calling him old!?

heh! i would just take and tye-dye it!
lol.png
but that is just me when it comes to white t-shirts. i can't stand wearing white! especially around the birds!
tongue.png

Quote:
He is a bird from Dick I think its a white that came out of his BBS line.

Henry

I think you're right.

It was nice to finally meet you, and see Dick and Sandi again! I love the crow from that lavender orp roo. I would also like to see how that splash salmon pullet/roo/half and half turns out. Dick should post some pics on that one! Will it crow? Lay eggs? Both??

The blue pair is settling in. They are definitely mellow little birds. I haven't heard a peep out of either yet.

That thing is so weird Dick needs to take pictures of it when it has its saddle feathers in! I also need to tell Leisha ha ha. I had a great time meeting everyone I am about to head home. Hope that BBS eggs hatch. The blues are sweet aren't they.

Henry

Quote:
That's great Peter post some pictures I want to see those youngsters! I am in the car driving back to MD from visiting Dick. It was great I learned a ton and I am going to try and make it to nationals in 2011 to meet everyone! I want to show some of my blue and black bantams then but we will see what I have when the time comes and school may get in the way. I am thinking UVM my might let me bring my birds not this year but next. Congrats on the chicks hope you get some great hatches I just hatched my first two BBS bantams.
Henry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom