Faverolles Thread

Quote:
i have a chick that hatched out almost 2 months ago and i was wondering if the blue feathers would show up like that! she's been showing all the signs of being a pullet but i've been noticing blue feathers coming in along the back since she has been slow to feather out! her beak has also looked more feminine than the cockerels! she is just the sweetest little bird so i was fearful if she was going to be a roo. the only other thing i have noticed that is starting to make me think 'roo' on this bird is the comb is starting to get larger & longer than the other pullets but hasn't started turning pink/red yet.

Camelot, i have those parent birds now so i'll be keeping an eye open for these strange colors from now on!
tongue.png

Quote:
Love the type of your blue splash hen. See how short the wing looks and she is leaning more forward. Great bird.
Dick

Thanks Dick, her and my black girl are developing nicely. The salmons/blue salms are decent too. I'm getting some bearded black chicks finally, and funky looking blue/lavy chicks from these guys. Not sure what they are yet, but just hatched 13 and will post pics so you can check them out and evaluate the colors for me. Would love to get a nice outside black roo to work with as well.

Good luck...I've been trying to hatch out shipped eggs all summer with no luck. This last batch the woman insisted on sending FEDEX and it took NINE days to reach me in 100+ degree heat!
he.gif
Needless to say, I candled the other day and all were clear. I'm about to give up on my bantam favs...unless I can get myself a pair or a trio shipped this fall...I have a buyer for mine already if I can't get any more....sighs!

Quote:
When the bantam girls start laying I can get you some eggs, but they are blue salmon roo over 1 salmon, 1 blue salmon, and 1 splash salmon pullet....

Quote:
No not hatchery stock... eek! I have one Salmon Faverolles from Ideal hatchery... her name is "Tweak" and even though she really is the sweetest thing - her toes are all over the place, she has a terrible scissor beak and her coloring is not anywhere near what it should be.

Now for the good news... I got some wonderful Faverolles (a white roo and 3 salmon hens) from Melissa (byc user pasofinofarm). You might want to contact her and see when she will start shipping eggs out again... it's HOT HOT HOT here in Texas so I'm thinking shipping isn't recommended right now... but, it'll cool off soon enough. Here is Melissa's website - http://nonesuchfarm.net/ . She was lovely to work with and has beautiful birds.

smile.png
Good luck to you!!!

Back
Top Bottom