Faverolles Thread

Quote:
How far is Tampa from SW MO *PETER*??? Heehee...Going on a nice end of summer vaca maybe, humm? I'd be happy to drive down and "Favy Sit" for ya
gig.gif
Course the birds would be in MO by the time you returned, therefore making them Legal Residence here !!
lau.gif
Nice pics tho, really. They are all just gorgeous kido's. I love the whites so you'll have to keep me in mind later on hun, would like to try raising a few of them if/when possible.

Dick, hook me up w/a nice split roo, LOL, I need help getting this project rolling. Great job...both of you.

Misty

i'm with you! time for a FL vacation! do you think they would allow me to carry a few birds on the plane if i promised they wouldn't crow/squawk!
tongue.png
maybe i could get away with a 'therapy chicken' if i put a saddle/apron on it that says that! tell them it senses when i'll have a seizure and sings an egg song to 'calm' me!
lol.png

Peter, do you mind me asking where you got your bantam whites from? they look beautiful!

Quote:
hi there and welcome to our little part of the forum! Dick, Liesha or Peter would be the best people to ask on the breeding for better birds. but i would suggest letting your young birds get some more age on them before making a final decision. as favs age and reach the 1 1/2 year mark their color may get better or worse. the 1 1/2 year mark is when you should really be breeding them too!

one of my ladies is molting and i can't wait to see her adult feathers when they open up! the other girls should start molting within the next few months and i'm concerned about our colder weather with them!

Quote:
How far is Tampa from SW MO *PETER*??? Heehee...Going on a nice end of summer vaca maybe, humm? I'd be happy to drive down and "Favy Sit" for ya
gig.gif
Course the birds would be in MO by the time you returned, therefore making them Legal Residence here !!
lau.gif
Nice pics tho, really. They are all just gorgeous kido's. I love the whites so you'll have to keep me in mind later on hun, would like to try raising a few of them if/when possible.

Dick, hook me up w/a nice split roo, LOL, I need help getting this project rolling. Great job...both of you.

Misty

Misty, its about 23/24 hrs. Come on down. If ya gimme about a yr maybe yr1/2 u can just come visit and go home with some...-) I'm just thrilled with them all. Actually I'll be in OK in late OCT.. Maybe then?

snicker....peter

That would be perrrrfect Peter! How late in Oct?
lol.png
Would love to come visit FL..., been as far as Canada, CA and OR (which was breath-taking) Winks. Please do keep me posted on your progress. Maybe someday I'll have something to scratch your back with
wink.png

Moma, that's histerical!! Would Love to see a "CNI" chicken on flight to FL 'vaca' dressed in label apr'n singing...(serious visual here guys!!)!!
gig.gif

Quote:
Misty, its about 23/24 hrs. Come on down. If ya gimme about a yr maybe yr1/2 u can just come visit and go home with some...-) I'm just thrilled with them all. Actually I'll be in OK in late OCT.. Maybe then?

snicker....peter

That would be perrrrfect Peter! How late in Oct?
lol.png
Would love to come visit FL..., been as far as Canada, CA and OR (which was breath-taking) Winks. Please do keep me posted on your progress. Maybe someday I'll have something to scratch your back with
wink.png

Moma, that's histerical!! Would Love to see a "CNI" chicken on flight to FL 'vaca' dressed in label apr'n singing...(serious visual here guys!!)!!
gig.gif

If it is a road trip you want, come on up to Belvidere, Ill on September 11 & 12 to the Faverolles National. Not sure who is all going to be there.

too bad you couldn't have planned the Nat'l around the time of GenCon Indy at the beginning of August! i could ditch dh there for the 4-5 days that goes on and travel down to the show!

i'm sure he wouldn't mind the 22-23 hour trip with birds in the back of the car!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Question?? A fellow member of the Arkansas backyard poultry meet up group was too excited when he heard I was getting some salmon favs and wanted some chicks.... Til he heard they were bantam. Then he was very disappointed. He really wants a few LF salmon fav pullets. So my question is.... Will there be any young LF for sale at the national, and about what will they cost?? I offered to try to buy some eggs for him since I've seen that some of you have some (hint, hint cloverleaf), or offered to pick him up a few at the national. He just hasn't been able to find any nice ones down here and would like some.

Quote:
Wow, you're so subtle!
lol.png
Early next year I could hook him up, but not right now...even my 3 older babies from Melissa are only 20 weeks and haven't started yet...
pop.gif

Hi all! I just wanted to share a pic of this girl that NellaBean picked up at a swap for me. I think it was in KY? Anyway- she has the best beard ever! Going to make some great EEs with her
big_smile.png

28521_chicks_009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom