Faverolles Thread

Wow! They are! I really love your black hen. She's gorgeous.
smile.png

Quote:
We have fishers too. I've bumped into several over the years, mostly while walking the dog. They are indeed cranky and aggressive. Years ago I had one pull a hen through a wire fence. You know you have one when you hear that awful noise in the night like something being tormented.

The dog officer is going to search through the license info tomorrow to see if any match the description. It's also possible it was a dog that got separated from it's owner in the conservation land that's less than a 5 minute walk from here. Maybe I'll find out more tomorrow. I hope so, this dog is capable of a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

Quote:
Do you have any helpful hints for us newbies?

Quote:
Wow, they do look very similar! This boy has a wonderful temperment. Today, even after a dog killed 3 birds within sight, then tried to get at him and his hens he calmly let me pick him up (and the girls) to move them.

Back from goat busy-ness (I just sent 5 girls, including one I would really rather have kept
hit.gif
to TX, to a wonderful home/dairy/cheesemaker)

Jeanine-those babies look Wonderful! I must get more eggs next year
smile.png

Cindy-I'm so sorry to hear about your loss
hit.gif

Leisha-Congratulations on the win!!!

All other pic posters-great looking birds
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures of bantam white faverolles?
I just purchased two bantam salmon faverolles and am interested in white as well if they are out there.
Thanks.

Quote:
Great Sandy! Glad to see your back can't wait to see the pictures have you seen the new Faverolles Fanciers site Leisha and I made? The link should be in my signature line.

Henry

Quote:
There are whites they are very rare and I don't have any. Maybe Leisha can post some pictures of her whites and I know Dick has a few as well.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom