Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Rose hasn't shown any favs in about 3 years and Jef said he wasn't coming. Jackie and Neil From Michigan will be there too. Oh and Ron will have his LF

What happened? I thought Rose had some GOOD Faverolles unless she is slowing down.

Rose lost alot of her stock a few years back to varmits and has not really recovered. The last couple of years that I have been showing, she has had turkeys there. I know her and Jeff are not members of the Southeast Ohio Poultry club and Jeff even told us last weekend, he was cutting down from breeding them, but was glad to see my line doing quite well at the shows.

Quote:
What happened? I thought Rose had some GOOD Faverolles unless she is slowing down.

Rose lost alot of her stock a few years back to varmits and has not really recovered. The last couple of years that I have been showing, she has had turkeys there. I know her and Jeff are not members of the Southeast Ohio Poultry club and Jeff even told us last weekend, he was cutting down from breeding them, but was glad to see my line doing quite well at the shows.

Thats to bad about Jeff and Rose. Hope you continue to do very well! Maybe someone should get some of Rose's and Jeff's lines before they get out of breeding. I hatched some chicks from Rose once but sold them off and I only hatched 3 chicks from her. I bought a pair from Jeff a while back the hen was AMAZING! Dick has her now and Chickie'smoma has the Cockerel.

Henry

Hey got a question for you, Is this a faverolle bantam egg? I also have bantam buff cochins in that pen to. That is a silver penciled rock pullet egg next to it

24247_salmon_faverolle_bantam_egg_001.jpg

24247_salmon_faverolle_bantam_egg_002.jpg

Quote:
Faverolles eggs vary in color from cream like the pullet egg to darker like the smaller one. My birds have laid all different egg colors. The only way to know is to take the buff cochins out or to incubate it.

Henry

Quote:
Faverolles eggs vary in color from cream like the pullet egg to darker like the smaller one. My birds have laid all different egg colors. The only way to know is to take the buff cochins out or to incubate it.

Henry

ok

Quote:

Thats to bad about Jeff and Rose. Hope you continue to do very well! Maybe someone should get some of Rose's and Jeff's lines before they get out of breeding. I hatched some chicks from Rose once but sold them off and I only hatched 3 chicks from her. I bought a pair from Jeff a while back the hen was AMAZING! Dick has her now and Chickie'smoma has the Cockerel.

Henry

and what a sweet boy he has been! he gets along with all my young cockerels and roos! he's my main boy's 2nd in command and comes running to any girl that sounds an alarm when someone is messing with her! his only daughter has been sweet and i'm hoping to set up a breeding pen for him this winter to see if i can get more from his crossing with Kiva!

Back
Top Bottom