Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Just kick back and accept you have zip control over the out come....candle in 10 days, u'l be able to tell by then for sure. clear - nada. dark with a def ring at the top. somethings working. then on day 19 put them down for hatch on their sides so they can figure out where to come out from.
-)peter

Thanks, Peter. Maybe it's the lack of control that's killing me. I've been over at the bator about 700 times today checking the heat and humidity - I'll have a hole worn in the floor by the time they hatch. Friends of mine put the eggs upright in a carton for hatching and say they've had great luck with it. Anyone else do this?

Quote:
Just kick back and accept you have zip control over the out come....candle in 10 days, u'l be able to tell by then for sure. clear - nada. dark with a def ring at the top. somethings working. then on day 19 put them down for hatch on their sides so they can figure out where to come out from.
-)peter

Thanks, Peter. Maybe it's the lack of control that's killing me. I've been over at the bator about 700 times today checking the heat and humidity - I'll have a hole worn in the floor by the time they hatch. Friends of mine put the eggs upright in a carton for hatching and say they've had great luck with it. Anyone else do this?

Yep, I do it that way. Then the chicks don't play soccer with the other eggs. Had 100% hatch last time.

I just locked down 6/8 of my F1 MF project eggs!!! 3 x salmon and 3 x buff!
celebrate.gif
All the little babies were movin' and groovin' in there!!!
woot.gif

Quote:
-)peter

I've done it for years. I put my eggs in the bottom of my incubator on the 20th day still sitting in egg cartons. I could be hatching four to ten different breedings at one time. When I put my eggs in the bottom the different breedings go into a mesh bag and they hatch in the bag. This way I can keep all the different breedings separate. My eggs hatch upright. Anyways, this has worked for me.
Dick

Sometimes it seems there are as many different ways of doing this as there are different breeds. Dick and Leisha, I bred that hen with the offset beak - the one I mentioned. Let's hope it was only a hatching issue, and that her chicks will be fine. She has nice color.

Thanks everyone!

I lurk on here all the time. I just love Faverolles and love to see all the beautiful ones you guys have. Of course, the different projects you guys have going on is always exciting to read about.

I never thought about using mesh bags to keep different breeds seperated during hatch. That is the best idea.

Dick: Where do you find these mesh bags?

Back
Top Bottom