Faverolles Thread

Quote:
No, they aren't in the office today. If I don't hear from them before the lunch hour tomorrow, I'm going to call.

Jeanine, I am SO hoping this is just a mix up in the production room of the calendar creators. (paste up artist mixed up titles)
If it turns out to be an 'out & out' misuse of your photo, then I am outraged!!!

I believe we are all very interested in the out come of your findings.

BTW, OUR salmon Fav chicks (hatched 2/11) are now 4 going on 5 weeks now. They are very fine!!! Wish I could send pics.........no digital camera, and no cell phone......I'm probably 1 of the 15 people in the world who doesn't have a cell phone?!?!?
BUT....I have chickens.
smile.png

Quote:
No, they aren't in the office today. If I don't hear from them before the lunch hour tomorrow, I'm going to call.

Jeanine, I am SO hoping this is just a mix up in the production room of the calendar creators. (paste up artist mixed up titles)
If it turns out to be an 'out & out' misuse of your photo, then I am outraged!!!

BTW, OUR salmon Fav chicks (hatched 2/11) are now 4 going on 5 weeks now. They are very fine!!! Wish I could send pics.........no digital camera, and no cell phone......I'm probably 1 of the 15 people in the world who doesn't have a cell phone?!?!?
BUT....I have chickens.
smile.png

SWEET!!!! How many ended up hatching? Boy/girl ratio?? Awww I wish I could see them!!!
love.gif

Quote:

BUT....I have chickens.
smile.png

SWEET!!!! How many ended up hatching? Boy/girl ratio?? Awww I wish I could see them!!!
love.gif

Clover, 6 of the 8 eggies hatched and are running around right now in a 'chick' cage out in the coop.
I'm not very sure of myself about the sexing thing.........but 4 have black on their wings and 2 have salmon on their wings. My guess is that means 4 roos and 2 hennlets????

I also have 4 Salmon Fav hens (ordered from Ideal Poultry, 6/10/10). 2 of them have gone broody....I was under the impression Favs didn't go broody often....am I wrong??

Quote:
love.gif

Clover, 6 of the 8 eggies hatched and are running around right now in a 'chick' cage out in the coop.
I'm not very sure of myself about the sexing thing.........but 4 have black on their wings and 2 have salmon on their wings. My guess is that means 4 roos and 2 hennlets????

I also have 4 Salmon Fav hens (ordered from Ideal Poultry, 6/10/10). 2 of them have gone broody....I was under the impression Favs didn't go broody often....am I wrong??

Uh oh, yep sounds like 4 boys/2 girls.
hide.gif
lol They do go broody and are supposed to be great mommas. I've only had a broody bantam, and she was great! Here she is, teaching her baby to drink water:

15879_waterbaby.jpeg

Last edited:
Quote:

Uh oh, yep sounds like 4 boys/2 girls.
hide.gif
lol They do go broody and are supposed to be great mommas. I've only had a broody bantam, and she was great! Here she is, teaching her baby to drink water:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_waterbaby.jpeg

Good looking hen she look the same as the one I had go broody. She was a good momma and raised a nice looking blue salmon cockerel. They went to live with Dick. I am pretty sure he still has the hen.

Henry

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

LOL I just have to share a little thing, it cracked me up! I have a brooder next to my computer for my Seramas, and I put the three bantam chicks that hatched Friday into it so they would be with some smaller chicks for a few days before moving into the "big" brooder (1 Ameraucana, 2 Fav). Anyway, they are all passed out looking dead, and one of the bantam Fav chicks lets out this long quiet peeeeeeeeeeep in it's sleep, like a snore! ALL the chicks jumped up out of a sound sleep, including the one that did it, like "what was that? who did that? what's going on?". Then they all just sat there and stared at the "offender". It was hilarious!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom