Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Hey, Amy. Finally giving in to the Faverolle fever, huh
lol.png
None of us can resist the cheeks.

Yeah- after that Wheaten Am x Fav hatched- I need to get myself a boy for some pure chicks. I think I'm getting some bantam fav eggs this week
fl.gif

Quote:
How closely related are they? How are your hatch rates on other breeds?

I am not certain of there heritage as I bought them from ebay eggs
However hatch rates on my other pens has been at least 80%, and I just recently hatched 12/12 shipped eggs, they had been shipped from GA to IA. I think my incuabator is doing it's part!!!!

I am waiting for my faverolle bantam hen to start laying (along with the buff cochins) the only things laying are the ducks... ohh well, i have what i think to be a female salmon faverolle chick growing out. love that pic Leisha

She's beautiful! Congrats on the placing. :)

Now that I've taken on breeding bantams (When did that happen?
tongue2.gif
), I'm unsure of what to look for exactly. The bantams I've seen look alot daintier then LF faverolles. Usually when I think of bantams, I think of just miniatures, but otherwise the same as the large fowl breed. What are the differences between bantam and LF faverolles? I have a nicely-colored hen at the moment, but she looks like a tank, not dainty like others I've seen. Is this a fault, or am I heading in the right direction? I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Thanks

Edited to change pullet to hen. I forgot that she's laying now! :)

Last edited:
The old man rooster I had died recently. I was outside 2 hrs ago cleaning up the yard and building a fence and he was fine. My DD went out to feed the chickens and found him in a patch of sun like he was sleeping. Head under the wing and all. He has been moving slower but eating and drinking along with the others.
Thank you Johnathan. He was a good bird while he was here.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you'll have some young ones up and coming. You should have a couple of males in there. If not I'm sure we'll have some extras a little later in the year if you need another.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom