Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Anybody?

Are you looking for bantam or LF? Do you have an incubator, or are you looking for chicks or started birds?

Pasofinofarm is in TX and she has nice LF.

Lf and chicks would be best and closer to NC would be better

Last edited:
My last hatch of the season is finally finished!
ya.gif
Started Thursday and the last lazy baby hatched this morning. Of 30 eggs in at lockdown, 24 healthy babies hatched! I ended up with 3 hatched of the 10 eggs that Dick sent me. 4 actually hatched but one did not make it. Nice way to end the season. Now I'm going to go take a nap - its been a long 3 nights!

Quote:
woot.gif

eta: "last hatch" you say, huh?? I've never heard such words and have no concept of what that means!!
lau.gif

Okay, so . . . my last incubator hatch of the season. Broodies don't count right? And notice, I did say "of the season" - its still Spring right now. Summer is a DIFFERENT season.
wink.png

Quote:
woot.gif

eta: "last hatch" you say, huh?? I've never heard such words and have no concept of what that means!!
lau.gif

Okay, so . . . my last incubator hatch of the season. Broodies don't count right? And notice, I did say "of the season" - its still Spring right now. Summer is a DIFFERENT season.
wink.png

LOL NOW you're speaking my language!!
lau.gif
Yep, just three weeks till Summer!

Quote:
woot.gif

lau.gif

I am so undecided! There sit the incubators all quiet and my little voice says to put them away... In the brooder are 7 adorable Fav peeps. I keep thinking I need one more batch
smile.png

Quote:
woot.gif

lau.gif

I am so undecided! There sit the incubators all quiet and my little voice says to put them away... In the brooder are 7 adorable Fav peeps. I keep thinking I need one more batch
smile.png

OMG! LOVE the brooder cam!! That's awesome!

Quote:
Well, as far as lavender goes it's a gene that dilutes black (and red). You need 2 doses of the gene for lavender to show. So if you breed 2 lavender birds each will pass on one copy of the lav gene to the offspring so you will get lavenders.

Blue also is a diluter of black, but will show with just one dose of the gene. With one copy of blue you get blue birds, with 2 copies you get splash. So if you breed blue to blue some chicks will get no blue gene (black), 1 dose of blue (blue) or 2 doses (splash).

Hope that makes sense.

HI, I wish it did, i mean the part why some colors apply and some don't. Thanks! eliz

Quote:
I wonder why I thought you were in TX??

Hmm, you may have to try eggs. I don't know of any breeders close to you (someone else may though), and I don't know of any that will ship chicks.

Back
Top Bottom