Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Keeping in mind it's a French word, and a French pronunciation gets butchered in type, it's closest to Fav - eh - roll, but the "roll" isn't a hard roll, if that makes sense.....
roll.png

The shown young fav in my opinion is a cockerel.

Ya don't really have to learn how to say it, just do what some judges do and call them that fancy french chicken
lau.gif

peter

lau.gif

I pronounced it Fav-er-ohll-eh for a long time, and people gave me the weirdest looks. Someone told me it was actually pronounced Fav-er-Oll. Not sure still. I go through several pronunciations usually when explaining them to people.
roll.png

Quote:
Keeping in mind it's a French word, and a French pronunciation gets butchered in type, it's closest to Fav - eh - roll, but the "roll" isn't a hard roll, if that makes sense.....
roll.png

The shown young fav in my opinion is a cockerel.

Ya don't really have to learn how to say it, just do what some judges do and call them that fancy french chicken
lau.gif

peter

Haha, my husband and I were just discussing this! Until we figure it out, we've been calling our future chickens our "Future Flavor Rolls." I can't wait to discuss this with my French friend, I'm sure she'll be appalled and more than willing to correct our pronunciation!

BTW, as a future faverolles owner, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who have been contributing to this thread. I've been working through it page by page, trying to glean as much information as possible before getting my birds. You guys are awesome to have logged so much information. Glad to have found you.
smile.png

I still have 5.5 left....
fl.gif
one blue salmon cockerel, one salmon cockerel and three pullets. The 1/2 of one is the one & only chick I had hatch from a swap and it's not doing well. I am not sure what's wrong with it but I've been having to hand feed/water it since it hatched last weekend...I don't expect it to survive.
hmm.png

Any ideas about how to get a salmon faverolle bantam pullet to lay better? She is now one year old, and from januray to now has laid a whoping 3 eggs. SO this winter i well be butting them in the breeding pen as soon as i can 'cause i love the pair i have. going to put a light on her this year. Besides that any ideas?

Any ideas about how to get a salmon faverolle bantam pullet to lay better? She is now one year old, and from januray to now has laid a whoping 3 eggs. SO this winter i well be butting them in the breeding pen as soon as i can 'cause i love the pair i have. going to put a light on her this year. Besides that any ideas?

Is this a problem with the standard size as well? I thought they were suppose to lay pretty good...​

Quote:
Is this a problem with the standard size as well? I thought they were suppose to lay pretty good...

My large fowl lay very well. My bantams actually lay fairly well too, even in moult I got three eggs from four hens today....

Back
Top Bottom