Faverolles Thread

My new chick hatched on 7/19.

97536_012.jpg

97536_justhatched.jpg

97536_007.jpg

97536_elliechick3.jpg

Hatch started last Saturday and was done by last night. It was a mixed group of eggs so that was the reason for the early additions. It was nerve wracking but still got my hair and the brooder is a mix of Large Fowl and bantam Favs with a few other friends that hatched with them.

40707_hatch072211.jpg

Here is a picture of my 3 month of "salmon" faverolle I got from MPC. Isn't she a little dark for a salmon? I'm beginning to think she's actually an EE instead...

she does look a little dark but it is a she from what i can tell! do you have a closer pic of the comb? it doesn't look EE cross to me but i want to see it a little better. hatchery favs are usually 'off' with their colors from what i've seen from others that have them. also give her some time to loose the young colored feathers, they can change and clear up some as they get a little older.

Chickie'sMoma :

she does look a little dark but it is a she from what i can tell! do you have a closer pic of the comb? it doesn't look EE cross to me but i want to see it a little better. hatchery favs are usually 'off' with their colors from what i've seen from others that have them. also give her some time to loose the young colored feathers, they can change and clear up some as they get a little older.

I'll get a better close up tomorrow.​

Quote:
Looks like some other hatchery pullets I've seen. Does she have a single comb and 5 toes? Most EEs have pea combs, and 4 toes.

I took some pics of my juvenile bantam favs tonight....they are up in a bantam "bin" and my 36-week preggo butt could not reach them to get them done & photo each one...
lol.png

I have two cockerels & three pullets.

Both of the cockerels have very odd coloring?
idunno.gif
Or do they usually look like that before the mature? One is a salmon & the other is a blue salmon (I think?)

So wild!
lau.gif

DSCN5434.jpg

DSCN5433.jpg

The blue boy in the background:

DSCN5432.jpg

DSCN5431.jpg

DSCN5430.jpg

DSCN5429.jpg

DSCN5427.jpg

DSCN5426.jpg

DSCN5438.jpg

DSCN5437.jpg

Even though they have a pop bottle waterer, they still manage to get their little beards all nasty.
sad.png

DSCN5436.jpg

sianara, She looks like what I've heard called a "dark salmon". To me, it's just a hatchery color. I got some pics of mine finally. These are some beauties I hatched from Cloverleafs stock. They are a little over 4 months old.
44102_chicken_chat_11_059.jpg

44102_chicken_chat_11_055.jpg

44102_chicken_chat_11_051.jpg

44102_chicken_chat_11_057.jpg

They are growing into some very nice birds!
Thanks again, Jeanine!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom