Faverolles Thread

I was thinking about raising bantam faverolles next spring- maybe getting some hatching eggs.

Do any of you know who has SQ bantam faverolles so I can contact them about hatching eggs.

and are the chicks sexable at hatch?

sometimes you can tell the salmon faverolles males at hatch by the black wingtips under the fluff. but don't always use this method since some salmon females can have too much black as they grow out and can fool you. sometimes the males can also be light colored as the wings start to feather out. by about 2-3 weeks you can usually tell on the salmon faverolles males from females. the solid colored birds are not sex-linked and this method will not work on them. if the cuckoo project works out eventually they may be considered sex-linked too.

Hey rebecca!
frow.gif
good to see you!

I had thought about the am Cochin cross before I decided to start with my very favorite and also fully developed breed. Guess I took the easy way out. I think your project sounds very cool and I'm excited to see results. And I'd be happy to lend a hand in any way. I'm still a bit light on my favs right now but plan to acquire more and more before spring comes along
smile.png

Are you just doing bantam?
Are you going to the Shawnee show?

Quote:
CRAZY, yeah, probably. But I think we (poultry folk) are all a wee-bit crazy anyw.ay. So I think you will fit right in!

BTW- your project sounds like a fun and interesting challenge. Go for it!

Announcement time!!!!! The new Executive Board and District Directors of the Faverolles Fanciers of America club are as follows:

President - Jeanine McKee (yep, that's me)
Vice President - Jonathan Patterson (wayne86)
Secretary / Treasurer - Kassandra Price (buffbeauty)
Western District Director - Laurie Burgess (andalusn)
North Central District Director - Neil Kenter
Northeast District Director - Rose Isgrigg (Alphahen)
Southeast District Director - Charles Logan
South Central District Director - Kassandra Price, until vacancy can be filled

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom